Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Atlanta's finest -v- UK's finest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got a polite caution for Jaywalking in downtown Orlando recently .... but i had a fill of Jack-d in my bloodstream.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got a polite caution for Jaywalking in downtown Orlando recently .... but i had a fill of Jack-d in my bloodstream.
LOL - it does vary considerably state by state. It's those hick 'town' or 'city' police you have to watch. State Patrol have a little more training, people skills and decorum from my experience. I got let off by one doing 90 from Seattle to Spokane in a new Corvette in 1990. Then in Bellevue, WA, a cop pulled a load of us over in two Camaros. I wasn't driving, but my mate was and was a little DUI. Cop told us to pull into the parking lot and get a taxi home. When we went back for the motors, he'd left a cloth police badge on one of the wheels as a sort of gift. Bless him. Takes all sorts I guess. Sooner take my chances here though ;)

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On another trip to US we got pulled for speeding at 11pm ... cop asked the driver if he was drinking ? My brother ( driver ) answered as only an irishman could .. " Of course , but not since this morning ".. Cop was shocked , but let us go with a speeding ticket.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On another trip to US we got pulled for speeding at 11pm ... cop asked the driver if he was drinking ? My brother ( driver ) answered as only an irishman could .. " Of course , but not since this morning ".. Cop was shocked , but let us go with a speeding ticket.
They love the Irish. Great retort. A Brit would probably have said something like: "Of course I've been drinking -- I'm swilling a bottle of Scotch and have three empty cases in the back. That's why I was swerving all over the road -- 'cos I'm drunk you ****". Then they'll nick you for speeding for sure.

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jaywalking citations and jaywalking arrests are among the most pathetic and disgraceful actions a law enforcement officer can take.

There was a case not to long ago in which an elderly woman with a walker was crossing at a crosswalk with the green light, but, unbelievably, was given a ticket because she didn’t “finish” crossing the street before the light turned red.

The idiot who gave her the ticket contended that she started crossing “too late.”

The action was so saliently asinine, outrageous, and unfair that a public outcry ensued and the ticket was quickly dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom