Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Attack at Sedo Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just looked at my sedo account and my domains are getting thousands of uniques and clicks , some sort of attack? Anyone else here?

NEVERMIND , it stopped now , sedo must have caught onto whatever was going on.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah , same thing now here after the unusual high numbers in my account, now cant get into my domains.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah it looks like someone is out to get sedo. Kind of crazy.

If the page keeps loading keep clicking on the "NEW - Domain Management" link and eventually after a few clicks it will work or at lest it does for me.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvestors said:
I can't access the Domain Management section or Domain Parking..

It's showing me their hosting info..and a MYSQL error..

ok..domain management works now..like a second after I posted..lol..but still can't get into domain parking..
"Host: sedodb4-ro.schlund.de
DB: dbpark
Mysql Error (#1016): Can't open file: 'PARKING32DAYSSTATS_RO.MYI' (errno: 144)
SQL: SELECT SUM(Earnings_ap) AS Earnings_AP FROM PARKING32DAYSSTATS_RO WHERE Member = '257205' LIMIT 0, 1"

I see that (this is on members homepage), along with the database error while trying to access domain management.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No Revenue or traffic today, Anyone else?

This could be an attack, Hopefully not, Sedo needs to fix these problems as soon as possible, Wether they are security or server issues.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paulrogers250 said:
My Domain Management page keeps loading, I get nothing else, I hope Sedo fix this

Same problem with me.

M

mole

hmm, looks like I was correct to guess a week back that Sedo is being subject to some massive click bot attack. This will cause Sedo's PPC providers to pull the plug on them for click fraud.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
hmm, looks like I was correct to guess a week back that Sedo is being subject to some massive click bot attack. This will cause Sedo's PPC providers to pull the plug on them for click fraud.

Thats certainly a possibility , I watched a couple of my domains go crazy for about a half hour , one of them that usually gets around 60 uniques a day and about $1 in rev went up to over 6,800 uniques and $67 inrevenue on the day , I got in touch with support right away and it suddenly stopped , but now there is trouble in domain management area.

M

mole

Searchsix.com said:
one of them that usually gets around 60 uniques a day and about $1 in rev went up to over 6,800 uniques and $67 inrevenue on the day.

Imagine if you had 100,000 domains, put PPC on all, then use such automated schemes to mine the pennies out of each domain from this massive network everyday.

The trick is to use massive proxy networks and scrambled routine scripts to "steal" just enough so that you won't trigger the alarm, but then it can virtually add up to millions every month.

Remember the worm virus that stole less than a penny for every transaction?...

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Imagine if you had 100,000 domains, put PPC on all, then use such automated schemes to mine the pennies out of each domain from this massive network everyday.

The trick is to use massive proxy networks and scrambled routine scripts to "steal" just enough so that you won't trigger the alarm, but then it can virtually add up to millions every month.

Well for it to work it needs to steal over 2 cents per day to pay for registration fees. If they are planning on stealing, they should be pocketing the money for their own domains. I wonder if this is a hole in Sedo's system or this plot will work against Google as well.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:

For sure that is going on at some level.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The "NEW:Domain Management" page doesnt load for me but i see "Parking statistics" loads fine, you can check your stats and earnings there ;)

Click fraud is happening all around us which causes what we get per click to go down :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom