Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Auction Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammy

With all the talk about auctions :D why not give me some feedback as to what you would like as far as days, times, how about a mid week auction as well? Let me hear from you!!!!

Upvote 0

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
An additional midweek auction would be great.

Hey why not do one everyday?

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the proxy bidding is great for us europeans(and others), who are tucked away (most of the time, in our own beds) while you lot have live auction action...

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the moment the auction time means a 1am start for European Members - please consider an option for an auction at an earlier time so that we can participate without having to be awake through the night.
This does not have to be on the same day as the current auction but just to give us an option to participate without coffee and matchsticks!

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you hold mult. auctions during the week maybe you should rotate times.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stick to one auction a week - I think people like the build up to the big event on a Sunday night. More than one a week and you're in danger of diluting the event.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd go with two auctions, one on Sun and one midweek. Hold them at different times so this way most people can attend one or the other.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sunday nights, 8:00 p.m. EST (7:00 p.m. CST)!!
That's it ... my God, let's just get on a workable, regular schedule at this point and not get ahead of ourselves. Fair enough? :D
Thanks for listening.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Sunday nights, 8:00 p.m. EST (7:00 p.m. CST)!!
That's it ... my God, let's just get on a workable, regular schedule at this point and not get ahead of ourselves. Fair enough? :D
Thanks for listening.

Let's try to have a little thought for those who enjoy the auction but don't wish to share it at 1am.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Let's try to have a little thought for those who enjoy the auction but don't wish to share it at 1am.

You are among my fav's, Mr! No doubt. You talk about "enjoying the auction(s)" ... but let's just HAVE one or two (under new ownership) before getting carried away, then we can do as you suggest. K? :D
See 'ya.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I feel for our buddys accross the pond. I just don't think the attendance at an auction set for 7:00pm in Europe would draw a very large overall crowd.

Having said that there are over 100 members "logged" on to the forum and over 200 guests ( lol who are these guys?) right now.

A European auction might work.

I suspect many of the members on right now, make ample use of the "boss key" :D

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recommend the following auction schedule.

Wednesday evenings 8:00 pm eastern and Sundays 3:00 pm eastern.

This is a good move politically speaking and will help with any upcoming forum changes. It appears the memberships will increase ten fold or this is what is expected to happen.

It is better to be one step ahead of the curve than behind. Move it to two days.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like Sunday 8pm ET, and Wednesday at 5pm ET.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter to me which day of the week you run the auction. Although I think the concensus would be weekends.
I think a once of week auction is a good idea. Gives it time to build up and attendance will usually be good.

I do however think that an auction thread running seven days a week would be a good idea and attract a lot of users.
At the moment people hold auctions in the "sales thread" all the time but since it wasn't designed for that it a bit cumbersome.

There are several canned scripts you can obtain to accomplish this. PHPboard has an addon so I wouldn't be surprised if there is something similar for vBulletin.

Just my 2-cents!
Cheers!

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think 2:00pm EST Sundays works best all around and would provide more buyer participation.

Besides that, just make sure it runs every week and for now keep the program that was developed. Its easy to use and keeps the auction moving at a good pace.

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no way to appease everyone. Moving the auction to 5pm or even 12pm on Sunday will make things better for the Europeans, but the Aussies and Asian contingent will have the same problem there is now. And (some of) we Americans will say it's no good because it interferes with (church, dinner, ball games, insert your own reason). So just pick one and stick wth it.

If you want my vote, I think a 5pm ET Sunday would appear most reasonable to the largest number of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom