Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SedoCoUk

Hey guys,

In case anyone missed the announcement in our October Newsletter we're debuting a new auction format soon:

Sedo Auctions will make it easier for buyers to identify high-quality domains as auctions closing soon and those with high bidding activity will be featured on our homepage and appear at the top of the search results. Our auction process was designed to benefit sellers by maximizing their final sales price through a public auction. Sellers will have the option to push their domains to auction once their price expectations have been met through our traditional offer/counter-offer system. Auctions run for a maximum of one week, closing seven days after the original offer was accepted as the reserve. For premium domains, sellers have the opportunity to work with a Sedo broker to determine a reserve and list the domain for auction.

To celebrate the launch of Sedo Auctions we are offering a special promotion where any premium domain owner who lists their domains for Sedo Auctions before the October 24th would pay only a 3% commission rate. Including your domain on Sedo Auctions will dramatically increase their exposure to a world-wide network of motivated buyers on the leading domain marketplace. For more information about listing your premium domains with Sedo for auction or to take advantage of this special pre-launch promotion please contact us at [email protected].

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM.

Sara

mrojas2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Sara

I suscribed to Sedo Newsletter, but never received.
Can you do the subscription for me ? If yes, I wil send my data by PM.

Regards

fishfinger

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It just gets worst and worst with you guys.

How is this going to help buyers???

Buying is about research and negotiation skills.

I loose all the benefit of that if you are going to stick a deal I closed on the front page for others to bid on and profit from my work.

That you are trying to drive prices up is one thing but to come out and say this helps buyers is shameless.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought there weren't any fees if you parked a domain that you also listed at auction... did I miss something?

GoPC

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sara,

PM'd you yesterday...still waiting to hear back.

Thanks.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A major problem with the new auction system is many buyers do NOT want a name they are interested in to go to a public auction as it often drives up the price which only benefits the sellers. I doubt if I would ever make an offer knowing that.

You may get more sellers but likely far less serious buyers as a result.

See here: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=186901

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Auctions run for a maximum of one week, closing seven days after the original offer was accepted as the reserve. For premium domains, sellers have the opportunity to work with a Sedo broker to determine a reserve and list the domain for auction.

I see some are over One week now..
Not mine only a example
mangas.eu 500 EUR 1 13d 23m

jim

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did. She replied back just a bit after I posted that. Very helpful and friendly too.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It seems that Sedo is selective about what they respond to. I haven't seen a stitch of substantial feedback in this forum for at least 2 months.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This auction idea is terrible. I was averaging 3-5 offers a month before this system went in place...I have not received one offer since.

Who would want to put an offer in just to get into a bidding war that could be ficticious?

It does not make any sense and furthers the push to get my names out of Sedo.com (or at least not parked with them).

It is really a shame, I was really happy with this company just a few months ago...Don't know what has happened to their leadership.

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems that Sedo is selective about what they respond to. I haven't seen a stitch of substantial feedback in this forum for at least 2 months.

Acro

For sure Sedo have had problems and I have noted within 24 hours of me mentioning an issue regarding searches they corrected the site...... Hopefully things can get back to relative normality.... :pray:

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Theo - Have you tried calling your account manager with your concerns yet? If so, what did they say?

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what happend with sedo? it used to be such a good company..the auction system itself is a good idea..but not like that..looks like some rookie or some head guy with no business sense developed this thing..poor..very poor...

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail from Sedo saying that the seller entered a public auction for the name I offered the full asked price for!
I thought it was some mistake and then I found this thread. What a shame for Sedo.
I don't remember any newsletter from them mentioning it, neither my acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions. Sure I checked the boxes during the negotiation process, but do I have to read it every time I bid on a name?

Do you know of any real world similar conditions?
Lets say you find a (non)bargain you agree to buy (a car, boat, house, anything) and suddenly seller decides to put it into public auction saying you're obliged to buy it as agreed if he doesn't sell it for higher price in some time.
How would you react to it? Sure, "Take it or leave it" is the logical answer.

If Sedo wants something like that in action, it must ask for buyers' permission too. Why am I obliged to wait if I met the BIN price? Do I want it to go into auction? If so, why not getting some discount of, say 10% if auction fails, so the seller would have some risk if doing it?

Sedo just recklessly jumped into this, risking a lot.
For me, I will really consider not taking the name even if I "win" the auction.
Sedo: This is totaly unacceptable and unprofessional.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you are so right..next time just email the guy..actually, email him now and tell him thats BS and your offer is OFF unless he sells it privatly...I think a lot of end users will be really mad, because if I see someone wants to buy some unusual name, probably for his buiness I can just jump in take the name and sell it for more money to the original bidder, high unethical, and the sedo profits from it...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
From the buyer's perspective it's definitely a frustrating complication, especially since Sedo publicizes the auctions. So if I managed, for example, to get a good deal for a domain - then it goes to auction, whereupon I'm forced to either compete against "invisible" bidders raising my offer, or to pack up and leave!

DOMAINS WITH OFFERS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO INTO AUCTION - PERIOD!

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DOMAINS WITH OFFERS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO INTO AUCTION - PERIOD!

Like he said.

It's like agreeing to buy a name from someone here for x amount and then they turn around and stick it on Ebay for a week. The new system pretty much rules out the possibility of picking up a bargain.

Either (1) You end up getting a out bid or (2) You end up paying more for it or (3) No one bids, in which case it's probably not the deal you thought is was yet you're still tied to your pre-auction offer. It's a no win situation from a buyers standpoint.

- Rob

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A buyer wants to keep the negotiations quiet until the deal has been done.

That's why when negotiating privately, I never say to the seller, "hey, just before I pay you, why not put it on ebay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom