Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale auto-renew grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eifwen

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whats the longest you had to wait for an auth code for a domain in auto-renew grace.

Its been 28 hours now and this is a response I get just 2 hours ago from Netfirms "Currently we are still investigating the issue/question you have reported to us. We expect to provide you with more information shortly"

Seriously

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe they have to have it to you within 5 days.

Eifwen

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe I should of transferred earlier, 5 days is cutting it close to tbr material for a couple of the domains.

edit
How will that work anyway, if I renewed domains that are in grace with a different registrar and current registrar failed to give auth codes before domains is suppose to go tbr, will the domains go tbr?

Last edited:

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Eifwen,

You can't renew a domain with another registrar, you can start a transfer process but without the auth code they won't transfer. Some registrars are having a problem with transfers in the auto-renew grace period, if you transfer it and they don't move it to Redemption Grace Period prior, they lose the registration fee on that domain and CIRA doesn't refund it.

Also if your domains are in auto-renew you still have the redemption period after that prior to TBR, the flow looks like this:

- Registered
- Expires moves to auto-renew for up to 45 days ( A registrar can delete the domain at anytime which moves it to Redemption)
- Redemption Grace Period for 30 days
- TBR

So unless your domains are in Redemption Grace Period right now and are 5 days from that ending you have some time before they go to TBR, at least 30 days of Redemption.

Best Regards,

Jason

Eifwen

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Liberator.
So here's the situation I started a transfer with namespro, I then emailed netfirms to give me auth code for the domains which are in auto-renew grace to complete the transfer. I just got an email back from netfirms stating

"All of the domains that you have requested to unlock are expired domains. You will have to renew these domains before you can unlock the domain and access the auth code for each of these domains."

So whats the deal? they want me to renew the domains with them before I transfer?

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, just renew them and transfer. The longer you deal with netfirms the more aggravated you will get.

Be glad you are moving them to a real registrar like namespro.

Eifwen

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Indeed! transfers are complete now. A guy responding to my second ticket actually knew what to do.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They can't force you to renew them, ask them to "delete" the domains which will move them to Redemption period, at that point they will not lose money and you will have 30 days to complete the transfer. I would also advise them that under the CIRA registrar agreement they have to unlock and send you your authorization code within 5 days of the request and do not have the authority to force you to renew the domains there.

Glad you got it sorted :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom