Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

intro Back At It..

This thread is a member's introductory post on DNForum.com.

WhiteLight

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back good Sir.

RedMustang

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have asked, I made around $10k from selling domains to end users in June 2014. I paid around $550 for all of the domains. This is a job for me, I have my own office space, I leave home everyday and go to my office to solely sell domains, I've done this for years. The hardest part is learning which domains will sell so that you can purchase those domains and sell them for profit..obviously.

May I ask average purchase price?
What process have you found to work best?
Call or email or ??
Thanks for sharing.

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wish I could live off $9.5K! Got $88K next to my name on Flippa but currently doing a day job!

I started domaining before this forum existed, might have seen you on afternic. Nice to know you!

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have asked, I made around $10k from selling domains to end users in June 2014. I paid around $550 for all of the domains. This is a job for me, I have my own office space, I leave home everyday and go to my office to solely sell domains, I've done this for years. The hardest part is learning which domains will sell so that you can purchase those domains and sell them for profit..obviously.

What was average sales price you are getting per domain?

Do you focus on certain niche or just whenever you spot a solid domain you buy it?

You find each users mostly through Google or something else?

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Several years back you offered an investigative service... do you still do that?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What was average sales price you are getting per domain?

Do you focus on certain niche or just whenever you spot a solid domain you buy it?

You find each users mostly through Google or something else?

Average selling price is about $500 per domain to end users that I contact directly. I typically find end users by lesser extensions and Google, yes. I also prescreen the domains before I purchase them to ensure there are end users available.

Several years back you offered an investigative service... do you still do that?

No, I currently do not do this. I was spending more on finding the people than I was charging and it was far too time consuming.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
May I ask average purchase price?
What process have you found to work best?
Call or email or ??
Thanks for sharing.

I use a short template for every email, I include the domain and price in the subject and simply inform them that I am selling the domain name in the body of the email. I also have include my business address and a toll free number for them to call and many do .

RedMustang

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use a short template for every email, I include the domain and price in the subject and simply inform them that I am selling the domain name in the body of the email. I also have include my business address and a toll free number for them to call and many do .
Thanks for the great info!:)
Will you share the template?

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to see some experienced domainers returning to the forum. For awhile, discussions were (and maybe still are?) lopsided due to a lot of new arrivals preaching about the death of .COM.

Maybe some day enough professional domainers will return to allow domainer-to-domainer sales to happen as they ought to.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been off this site for a few years or so, only coming on every so often. Most of the domain veterans know me, I'm still domaining, been doing it actively for years. Mainly focusing on end user sales for the past 1-2 years since that's where the money is at..not much money in domainer to domainer sales as I used to do for awhile. I've been making a living from domains solely since 2007 so there is money in it, you just need to know where to look. Anyway, good to be back and I'll try to stay more active this time.

Also, I get several emails a day asking what tools I use, as most of you know I've never been hesitant at giving assistance to newbies. Now that I mainly sell to end users the tools I use are domainindex.com, Godaddy expiring auctions, Signals, domaintools.com, webboar.com and a few others. Contact me if you have any questions.

-Rock

Welcome back!

iWatchly

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rockefeller, Thank you for your willingness to share your knowledge and also the tools you use..! Welcome back! Looking forward to chatting with you!

Rajeesha

lets play domain game
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been off this site for a few years or so, only coming on every so often. Most of the domain veterans know me, I'm still domaining, been doing it actively for years. Mainly focusing on end user sales for the past 1-2 years since that's where the money is at..not much money in domainer to domainer sales as I used to do for awhile. I've been making a living from domains solely since 2007 so there is money in it, you just need to know where to look. Anyway, good to be back and I'll try to stay more active this time.

Also, I get several emails a day asking what tools I use, as most of you know I've never been hesitant at giving assistance to newbies. Now that I mainly sell to end users the tools I use are domainindex.com, Godaddy expiring auctions, Signals, domaintools.com, webboar.com and a few others. Contact me if you have any questions.

-Rock

welcome back
good luck

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators