Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Back-Ordered Domain Rec'd - Prior Owner 1 Month Later Desires Name Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I normally sell these for around US$150 to US$200, unless the name is a particularly good one. (There might be no guarantee that the person contacting is the REAL previous owner).

This is round about the price they would have to pay to redeem the name once it is in redemption period.

This works for me.

In rare cases, I have sold to a previous owner for $100, especially if it is a name I only got for traffic and the traffic income is low.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"This is round about the price they would have to pay to redeem the name once it is in redemption period. "

... and you can't blame some of them for not paying that. As one might imagine, I deal with these kinds of situations frequently. It turns out that NSI support droids often tell people just to wait and re-register the name after it drops, and these people tend not to be aware of what really goes on with dropped names.

But if they behave like jerks then, yes, they can talk to the hand.

hotirish

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
Since then, I remember to treat others better than I was treated...

I like your business ethics Seeker and its something we could all do with remembering.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasu said:
I registered many months ago manually a wirelessxxxxxx.com that dropped.

As soon as the update was done and mydomain.com service kicked in I started
to receive hundreds of emails of a us corporation... offers....memos... well everything
that moves inside the company.

In years past, I would occasionally turn on the email function I had recently purchased
if it was a "really good" domain.

However, It started to overload my email box. And, most of it was junk.
Plus, it wasted a lot of my time.

Then, I logically thought about it. If I received an email that might contain
extremely important info or sensitive corporate data. I did not want to be involved.
And, it is none of my business.

So, I never turn on the email function unless I plan to use the domain for
my personal or business use.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never offer sites back to original owners for reasons of "bad faith". In this situation you sound like you honestly had a legitimate use. Like DCGod says you have to realize that you got this domain fair and square and focus on yourself first and foremost. You should not be required to tell them what you plan to do with it but I would have something in mind with every domain when you register in case something like this does come up. If there was any abandoned/active trademark I would come up with an alternative use for these names until you can sell to another person. Very few times do I find that original owners are willing to pay more than $100 for a website (a few cases where I didn't bother to ask or care). Yet they claim the sites are so valuable to them. I kind of leave the door open for offers but do not indicate that I am willing to sell at any particular price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom