Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

backordering domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Hulsey

Those Damn Hippies
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets say I went to godaddy for instance, and tried to register a domain name that was already taken. Now it says that the domain is not available of course, but it gives me an option to backorder the domain.

Now, lets say I did go ahead and backorder the domain. Now lets say the expiration date for the domain has come around. If the owner of domain does renew it, will I get my backordering fee back? Or does my backorder stay in place for the next expiration date? How does it all work?

Thank you!

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the way GoDaddy works is that they'll give you a credit for another backorder.
That is correct. Your $18.95 is gone, but you will always have the backorder as a credit until it is used successfully.

Here < link removed > is a post that I wrote about expired domains and how to catch them etc. I think it's worth the read.

Last edited by a moderator:

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How does backordering work on godaddy if two or more people pick the backorder option?

Does the person who backordered first get it? Or does it go to an auction in which case you lose your $19?

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting. A lot of the .com domains I wanted (at godaddy) were taken but had the backorder option.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy backorder is the cheapest backordering service with the lowest success rate.

Good luck!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting. A lot of the .com domains I wanted (at godaddy) were taken but had the backorder option.

it (gd's backorder system) is a potential profit center for them

and a "very very long-shot" potential that could be great for you, but that's only if you backorder it and godaddy catches it for the $18 bucks!

i have never caught anything at gd, so they got my $18 bucks until they catch the domain and or cancel the program.

geodic

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I back ordered spanishworldradio .com from a know non-renewal and someone else got it and tried to get a sale out of it to someone I know but he did not take it. A few days later I got it from the gd backorder, I guess after the other entity let it go from its ~ 3 day taste of it?

How does that 3 day taste test work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom