Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Bad experiance with Moniker.

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:
Domain Days 2024

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to ask this.....

But what the hell is "adatising"? :shy:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The one I owned (with no reserve) never got a bid ^_^. Not even a $100 bid. It has averaged $350 to $450 a month ppc revenue (without adatising) for the past year and growing fast! it should make $500.00 ppc revenue this month. I sure was lucky that nobody even bid $100 on it lol.

For some odd reason Moniker (some big domainers too) act like they do not care about traffic or revenue. In an auction last year my Moniker rep wanted to put no more than a $500 reserve on all my names regardless of the traffic and revenue. In fact, he did not care about my stats and did not want to look at stats.

As an example, one domain in particular earned more than 10K a year on ppc and he suggested a $500 reserve for the auction which means someone could have purchased it and earned back the small investment in a few weeks. How absurd is that anyway!

The funny thing is it's possible there would have been no bids since some domainers at auctions also act like income and rev is not a big factor and appear to base most everything on perceived name value and it being a dot-com and preferably a one-worder or short. That name with the nice income was a two-word dot-org.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When you submit domains via their auction submission form, Does anyone know where the record of that submission is? I think this is VERY important... If you have no record of that submission, it becomes Moniker's word against yours, And with your domains already transferred to Moniker, the ball is in their court.

WhiteLight

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you submit domains via their auction submission form, Does anyone know where the record of that submission is?

Under the new format, the only option you have is to print the list that is generated at the time of submission which states which domains were successfully uploaded. After that, you have to email your rep (which I do with any changes) or wait for her/him to send you the final request for confirmation of domains scheduled for auction (usually two days before the auction).

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about my story where I submitted LL.com with 6 digits reserve and they auctioned it as LL.org :) No deal of course. Both of my two emails were ignored.

15%? What for?!

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to say, while I have many issues with the Moniker/Oversee auction processes (especially giving buyers a month or more to pay for a domain), I've never had an issue where my rep didn't correct an error beforehand. Heck, she even kept in email touch with me during one Live auction and helped me reintroduce a domain which had bids but didn't hit reserve.

WhiteLight

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Under the new format, the only option you have is to print the list that is generated at the time of submission which states which domains were successfully uploaded. After that, you have to email your rep (which I do with any changes) or wait for her/him to send you the final request for confirmation of domains scheduled for auction (usually two days before the auction).

Sent our rep an email on 7/23 asking for it and no reply.

Considering what's at stake, there needs to be an online record of the submission to eliminate any confusion or misunderstanding... I have a handful of domains accepted to Internext and I dont have any record of what the reserves were set at...

Should of printed it out but didn't.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to say, while I have many issues with the Moniker/Oversee auction processes (especially giving buyers a month or more to pay for a domain), I've never had an issue where my rep didn't correct an error beforehand. Heck, she even kept in email touch with me during one Live auction and helped me reintroduce a domain which had bids but didn't hit reserve.

Sounds good.

I am not too happy with my Moniker rep and he is also not experienced by his own admission. Can you please do me a favor and PM me her name and I can see about switching reps (I prefer a female anyway for several reasons).

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sent our rep an email on 7/23 asking for it and no reply.

Considering what's at stake, there needs to be an online record of the submission to eliminate any confusion or misunderstanding... I have a handful of domains accepted to Internext and I dont have any record of what the reserves were set at...

Should of printed it out but didn't.

I'm in the same exact boat as you are.. I got a reply on the 27th
James,
I have not received the list yet as soon as I receive one , I will send a confirmation to all of my customers of their accepted names.

I know the list is out..perhaps its not the "final" list though :?:
jim

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What rep have you guys been having bad experiences with?

Brady

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I have a new rep now (not officially though). I didn't say anything to him (old rep) as I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
A good rep makes all the difference.

I had a similar situation at Domainer Meeting where I used the same submission spreadsheet of names for that auction as the one before, and I no longer owned a few of the names on that sheet which were selected for Domainer Meeting.

It took literally one email on either the day before or the day of the auction to get the names pulled, no hesitation on their part and no questions asked :)

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found the bad outnumber the good at Moniker

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you submit domains via their auction submission form, Does anyone know where the record of that submission is? I think this is VERY important... If you have no record of that submission, it becomes Moniker's word against yours, And with your domains already transferred to Moniker, the ball is in their court.

Do you have to transfer to Moniker any names submitted for an auction?
Maybe that is why I have not heard anthing from them since submitting

WhiteLight

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

-MM-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your problem.

Is Moniker having problems. I have been waiting for a support ticket to be answered for 4 days. I have also been awaiting a refund... nothing

Support like that sucks.

WhiteLight

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom