Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Bait & Switch from Sedo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyway, goodness, pattaya(dot)co.uk - what's so good about that? Presumably it gets traffic or something, but it's no dotcom, is it? :)
It's a popular beach destination in Thailand - especially among the Brits. Phucket too. I think that's it :)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Emotional stress, lol, I can refer you to attorney Gloria Allred, this sort of stuff is right up her alley.

You make an offer, it gets countered, or rejected, move on, this is a business... newbie, or not, same rules apply...the buyer is trying to spend the least amount of money, the seller is trying to obtain the most amount of money, this is what negotiations are all about... not everything is point, and click.

Being in Ireland, I don't get the reference to Gloria Allred. Sorry.

Of course 'newbie or not, same rules apply,' but the point is whether or not there is subterfuge involved in the way these 'negotiations' are presented. How many people who click on the initial low price realise they're entering negotiations, not a BIN situation? And why not just have negotiations in the normal way, where it's quite clear what's going on?

Is this something that's just on offer to the Sedo Pro people, as it wasn't offered to me as a choice? As I said before, though, if it were I wouldn't take it up. I like my dealings to be straight up and transparent, not like in a poker game.

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The example page certainly goes to a page I have never seen before at Sedo. Maybe this is for premium domains only? One day maybe I will get a premium domain. In the meantime I can bring you to 2 examples of normal listings.

This example brings you to a page where the Sedo suggested price has been accepted by the owner and set as the selling price: http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php?domain=nyctv.com

This example brings you to a page where the Sedo price suggestion was rejected by the owner, so it seems to have just "make an offer:" http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php?domain=scifitv.com this is what most of my domains have as a page.

Without accepting Sedo price suggestions you can only put 10,000 as minimum offer, but that wont appear, only the "make and offer."

None of my domains brings up a page like the examples from David G. I am interested in how the example gets this premium domain page? And of course how to get a page like that one even without setting a price. I have a domain that got a bid of $146,000 last summer and they won't let me list that domain now with that bid price and are now putting pressure to list the same domain at $36,000. At that price one might wonder what a premium domain is to Sedo? Their price suggestions are pretty bad and worse is their ranking data. One of mine has a real PR3, 15 years of archive.org listings, and 700 uniques a day and they have it at 0pr, 2 page visits a month and 0 archive.org listings.

Sedo has changed a lot in the last years, it used to be easier to use and nice to work with. Did owners change? Their prices went up but nothing I see makes the price rise justified.

the_poet

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had been watching a domain for about a week and it had a 100 EUR BIN. Now I've decided to buy it and clicked the button, but Sedo tells me the seller has recently changed the listing to "100 EUR or best offer". Recently?!? I had visited the page 1 hour ago and it still was showing the BIN.

WTF?!?

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm curious. Why were you 'watching a domain for about a week'? Sedo isn't eBay. That sounds a very low price to me for a domain I might want and I wouldn't have bet on its going any lower. As a seller, my prices sometimes do change within the hour. When you're changing them it has to be within some hour. I haven't got prices set on mine at the moment, but quite recently had a whole heap of them at very low prices. People presumably were content to just watch them.

Having said that, I too would like to know how to set my prices at $X or best offer. Sedo hasn't offered me that option so far.

the_poet

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm curious. Why were you 'watching a domain for about a week'? Sedo isn't eBay. That sounds a very low price to me for a domain I might want and I wouldn't have bet on its going any lower. As a seller, my prices sometimes do change within the hour. When you're changing them it has to be within some hour. I haven't got prices set on mine at the moment, but quite recently had a whole heap of them at very low prices. People presumably were content to just watch them.

Having said that, I too would like to know how to set my prices at $X or best offer. Sedo hasn't offered me that option so far.

I have had many expenses recently, that's why I hesitated to buy it. Anyway, the sad thing is that Sedo suddenly replied with a change of listing "on buyer's part" when I clicked the button to buy it, but until an hour earlier, the listing was still a 'buy it now' one.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had been watching a domain for about a week and it had a 100 EUR BIN. Now I've decided to buy it and clicked the button, but Sedo tells me the seller has recently changed the listing to "100 EUR or best offer". Recently?!? I had visited the page 1 hour ago and it still was showing the BIN.

WTF?!?

Isn't this only to your advantage? You can still BIN at $100 or you submit a lower offer. If it says "100 EUR or best offer" looks like the seller is obliged to sell at 100 if offered.

the_poet

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Isn't this only to your advantage? You can still BIN at $100 or you submit a lower offer. If it says "100 EUR or best offer" looks like the seller is obliged to sell at 100 if offered.

Exactly! That's another reason why the whole thing is deceptive. One is obviously tricked into thinking 100 EUR is the BIN, while you can still submit a lower offer if you wish. That's not the way it works, regardless of your price, it will be submitted as an offer for the seller to evaluate. IMO this system is designed to artificially attract a high number of offers.

Last edited:

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly! That's another reason why the whole thing is deceptive. One is obviously tricked into thinking 100 EUR is the BIN, while you can still submit a lower offer if you wish. That's not the way it works, regardless of your price, it will be submitted as an offer for the seller to evaluate. IMO this system is designed to artificially attract a high number of offers.

I agree that it doesn't sound right if the 'BIN' merely counts as an offer. I haven't seen this option on my domains and I sold a couple via BIN.

This option is not visible under 'standard view', it has to be changed to 'sales settings' (or 'Custom Overview' for example)

Then, there should be three options in sales settings Price/Min.Offer/Price Option

When you select 'make offer' under 'Price Option', then a Price and Min.Offer are both available as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom