Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ban AOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodhry

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3 days and no response. I dont think I am going to get any reply the way you ignored my pms, all three support tickets, ignored oldest thread, locked the older thread and this logic of banning an ip due to some ediots coming from it.

I am feeling "humiliated" by your attitude and just wanted to tell that I dont own the "ip" you banned, It belongs to "World Call" which is among the largest Internet and Cable Service Providers of Pakistan and I use it from my office and home like millions of other users. By this logic you should ban ips of AOL, Verizone and other ISPs from where ever your system notice any thing unusual and never ever give a damn to look into the matter personally or show some gratitude.

How do you think this behaviour is helping DNForum? That retard still can use a dialup account or anyother isp to siht around the forums. Why dont you ban the user himself and not the ip? I have to use a broadband connection for my work and I cant switch over to any other ISP due to many resons. I know there are not many users from Pakistan but internet is on rise and you are missing potentially a whole lot of chunk by banneg ips of the largest broadband ISP.

For me it is a matter of access to forums or viryually zero access to forums as I dont want to ruine my holidays on computer like I am doing today from my home town.

And just in case if you cannot unban that "ip" I would be intersted to know if I can RESELL my DNForum Membership and earned DNF Dollars to get some of my money back and end this WORST EXperience of AFTER SALES SUPPORT by a GREAT Place (huh!?!) to talk about domain business.

Thanks!
Touseef

Hi DCG,

I could not been able to connect from few days. Banning that ip is limiting my access to virtually 0% useage as the only time I would get to connect are my holidays and only when I am in my home land and I would be remotely interested to sit infront of a computer on my holidays. I came to this forum with high hopes but I guess I have to look for other options.

Your firm reply and locking that thread does not leave any room for me to ask but I would request to know if there is any other possibility?

That ip belongs to the largest cable network of our area with over 1.3 Million connections. So banneing the user might be the better idea than banning the ip. If some one does want to play scam he/she can use a dialup as well. And with the same logic if some one frauds using an ip of varizone, would you ban their ips as well? I dont know about those 6 retards but I felt that who ever read that thread will hesitate doing business with me when I can't even tell them about the ip being owned by largest broadband ISP of our area and not by me.

I hope you understand and I do get a reply from you.

Thanks!
Touseef
(I only wish to haven't upgraded to platinum)

Upvote 0

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We will get this resolved somehow on Monday.

-=DCG=-

DoubleClick

.::Piramidé Aficionado::.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
We will get this resolved somehow on Monday.

-=DCG=-
Man, for my sake (and many others) I sure hope you do. I fear the day when you lock my IP and I lose my investment in dnF.

You know, I make a very good living on the Internet and I do a lot of different things like many of us do to make that money. I recently took a short term project that pays very well with a multi-million dollar hotel here, and this required me to sign up with some outside services.

One in particular hit me with: Your country or IP is banned due to fraud. So stupid me, what do I do? I draft an e-mail to their support asking for help and who promptly wrote me back basically telling me that I was probably a scammer of some sorts because of my IP.

Now, Cablemas provides the IP range for just about anyone in Mexico on cable. Therefore, It seems to be common knowledge that all of these scammers down here on the beach front of Cancun with million dollar boats docked in front of their house are just out to scam a few bucks off of Internet companies here and there :)

I have found a few companies who block my Ip for whatever reason.

Now I have to have 1mb DSL along side of 1mb cable so when something like that happens I plug in the other modem to my router. I pay for 2 connections to be able to work. Now that sounds a bit ridiculous doesn't it. :)

I guess that I should just be thankful (unlike Touseef) that I have the option to switch modems.

.::DoubleClick::.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doubleclick, I get an error when sending a PM to you "DoubleClick has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

If you can receive Private messages enable them and let me know, I know a simple solution to this.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Allthough many people may know this way, There may be some people who have been banned for a good reason, Posting it will just remind everyone on how to evade there ban.

If your interested just PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom