Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

banning a member...

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What does it take for a member to get banned around here?

I ask because there is a thread in the Developed Sites For Sale forums for gmailinvitation by gmail. This is his 4th attempt at this site to decieve a buyer. He is blantant at this point and I wonder why he has not been banned. I can understand that once or twice a person should be given a chance...but this is the 4th time.

He refuses to give any proof of claims he makes on his sales thread. I have asked repeatedly for any screenshots of referral logs. In previous threads he was stating an enormous amount of paypal revenue and he never gave anyone a screenshot. I understand the TOS of google so I can't force him to screenshot that information but he openly makes claims of making $400-$550 a month. Now if you go to the site he has some poor ad that happens to be for wedding invitations...not sure how he can be making $12-$18 a day with that but it must be some secret he has.

He is asking for $3500 and this is NOT a kids game we play here at this site. That's real money he is asking. While it is true the serious sellers are smart enough to avoid this guy...I worry about some new member bein taken for a ride. Also I find it extremely unprofessional that this is even allowed to happen here at DNF. I don't bother too much with the other domain sites simply because DNF has the better calibur members. The atmosphere is more professional.

Gmail is turning the sales forums into a spam forums IMHO and he brings down the site as a whole.

So my question is "What does it take to get banned around here?".

Before any mods make judgement please review the previous threads he has created.

Upvote 0

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you Labrocca. Maybe its not a scam, but he is most likely emphasizing the profit. The whole Gmail invitation craze is long over now anyways.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
on one hand, I completely agree with you and believe GMail is lying about his traffic/revenue in order to sell the site while it has any value...

however, just because his sale is crappy is no reason to ban him...and until we have proof he is lying about stats, we can't do much about it

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just want to know how far can a member go before being banned. I don't think he should be banned either but also it appears that his behavior hasn't stopped and the admins here have done nothing about it as of yet.

I think his buy/sell/trade priviledges should be revoked but that's just my opinion.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE SOMETHING LIKE BUYERS/SELLERS REPUTATION AND PEOPLE CAN VOTE AFTER A TRANSACTion

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
What does it take for a member to get banned around here?

It takes the considered action of a Moderator or Admin Staff and is not based on continued posts and threads by those who want to do things their way!
An idea of the sort of situations that could lead to a ban is shown here: http://www.dnforum.com/Warn.php

I remind you of the sticky rule for the Developed Websites Forum :-
A reminder of the rule for this forum:-

"This forum is for the sale of developed websites, which must be live, and hosted at a domain name - not templates alone. One thread per 24 hours is permitted."

Sellers MUST declare in the post whether the website offered for sale is an original or a template or re-sold site (such as Dotcom Builder).

Templates, or websites that are not hosted or do not have a domain name must be placed in the Advertising and Related Offers Forum.

It is not a condition of posting to state traffic or earnings, however not doing so will obviously affect interest in the sale.

What is against the rules and could lead to a ban is stated here and you might want to take note:-
3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectively and thoughtfully. Users caught flaming other users will have their accounts locked on sight, possibly with a temporary ban.
10. Be polite! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will receive one warning (at our discretion), and if the member offends again the member will be banned without warning and without reimbursement.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE SOMETHING LIKE BUYERS/SELLERS REPUTATION AND PEOPLE CAN VOTE AFTER A TRANSACTion
I have actually tried out a vB hack that allows rating members AND linking to specific threads. This way, the reputation system will not be abused or degraded into some buddy or bash revenge.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then false statements and lying are acceptable here?

OK...Now you just lost me as a regular member. I will be looking at other sites that take my money more seriously. I was under the assumption that since it was a paid membership here that it was more professional but I was obviously wrong.

I know you are a moderator here but I think the site owners should possibly review that ruleset and consider adding one. A simple rule would be.

#If you make claim to traffic or stats you must be willing to show prospective buyers proof. (This rule should be for any site being sold over a certain $ limit..say $500)

Other than that...I am very disappointed at the way this is playing out. I just lost a great amount of respect for this place. I am hoping to hear from an administrator about this.

Last note: I don't believe I made any personal attacks on Gmail.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca,

Don't let yourself get twisted over one annoying member. I feel that you are a valuable and active addition to this forum. I agree that if a member claims to have stats in a sale, then he/she should be able to provide them. The "very few" here that don't shouldn't downgrade the valuable one's that are professional with there sales.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not the annoying member that's the problem. It's the sites policy regarding members who lie.

I am pretty sure there was a couple people who were banned from this site that ripped off members. So why in this case doesn't gmail get pre-emptively banned. Do I have to spend $3500 to get him banned? It's fairly obvious to everyone what gmail is doing...and what he is NOT doing is the right thing. Now we have DNF basically ignoring him and what he is doing...and that to me is a more serious problem.

Maybe I am just making a mountain out of nothing but I believe in integrity and honesty when dealing with people whenever possible.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
It's the sites policy regarding members who lie.
Now we have DNF basically ignoring him and what he is doing...and that to me is a more serious problem.

You may believe that someone is lying, and that person may be, but just refusing to answer your questions does not automatically equal lying - it may indicate a poor selling policy, ignorance or something else.
It is not for DNForum to ban anyone just because someone gets a "bee in their bonnet" over something - fraud is quite different to poor business practice.
Anyone buying a website, or anything else for that matter, should examine what they are buying and satisfy themselves as to the sale. If you are not happy then don't buy, it's that simple unless you can prove fraudulent activity.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That response makes me so sad and disgusted at the same time.

It's a poor policy in regards to this matter. This is his 4th time...is it site policy to SPAM the for sales forums too?

I do not believe Gmail is lying...it is OBVIOUS that he is. He contradicts himself all the time. Did you bother to read previous threads? When he tells people to PM him for screenshots and he doesn't ever send them...is that acceptable here as well? Don't you take the bread and butter of your forums income seriously?

What really gets me is that I have spent over $10,000 here over the past couple months and now I learn that the policy is that if I get screwed too bad and that you even allow it even though it's obvious what's going on? That's negligence on your part...something for the admins to consider.

And while I find it acceptable that you do not want to ban him, did you bother to lock his sales thread? How about warning him that he must back up his sales claims with proof...how about ANY ACTION!!! Instead you simply ignore and say..."buyer beware".

That is not acceptable to me in a professional business atmosphere where I spend serious money and even paid for membership.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, I agree it all sounds suspect but as Mr Webname said I do not see concrete evidence of actual fraud taking place. DNF obviously does not have the power, time and resources to investigate every sale thread where someone was suspicious of the facts. Plus it is real tough to distinguish between commonly done embelishment and fraud anyway even with the power and time to investigate.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about simply spamming? You don't at least see how his sales threads are nothing more than self promoting spam? 4 times!!! 4 times!!!

I don't think anyone will ever buy gmailinvitation.com (at least not here) and he knows that too. He makes the price really high...bumps his own threads and evades all seriously inquiries asking for proof. So why is he bothering to post it? Cmon...2 plus 2 is 4. Put it together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom