Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Been Hacked! Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Gerry,
How things going for you?

Hope your site is back up.
The site was never down. It was simply a page installed onto the site (at least that is all I hope was going on). I could see the site fine. I only discovered this when I was doing a physical search on google for where I ranked and saw this page extension showing up.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you look in the Wordpress theme's header.php, index.php and footer.php file to double check that it wasn't embedded in one of those pages?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you look in the Wordpress theme's header.php, index.php and footer.php file to double check that it wasn't embedded in one of those pages?
Yes. That's what took so long. The only thing I knew to look for was KinG.htm file.

When I first checked cPanel, I did not see it because the files I was looking at sites had not been built out yet. That made me very suspicious of how it got embedded on my sites so I was looking for that malicious file.. Even though I removed all from cPanel, naturally I am still concerned how it got there. Not too happy with the host (Lunar Pages). It has been well over 24 hours since I emailed the help desk and no response.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Love the exclamations in the title... You would almost think were talking about Twitter getting hacked.

Traffic to the site?, most likely nil.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I (we) are truly thankful and humbled by having someone of your wit, wisdom, knowledge, and expertise to add to the quality of this thread and forum.

We are blessed to be graced by your presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom