Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Beginner Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahalflings

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

as the thread topic suggests, I'm a beginner and have a few questions.

I've picked up a few dropped domains from PremiumDrops.com and they offer a lot of data about domains (i.e. age, PR, etc). Once I've purchased a domain is it possible to get that type of information again so I can communicate it to potential future buyers? Also, does anyone have any opinions on a site like PremiumDrops? Credible?

Thanks!

Pete

openforsale.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Once I've purchased a domain is it possible to get that type of information again so I can communicate it to potential future buyers?

Yes, lots of tools online that you can use to get infomation about backlinks, age, PR etc. I'm not sure if I can post links here (without being accused of spamming). Just do a search for something like "domain value", "domain stats" and so on. You will find plenty of options.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In general, I don't think that the metrics will make your domains easier to sell.
My buyers never ask for age, traffic stats and that kind of information, domainers do.
Corporations don't do window-shopping for domains, usually they will buy just one domain because it is brandable for example...
In fact, nobody will be impressed by the metrics. A good domain should speak for itself, the more you have to pimp it up, the more obvious it is you're a salesman, and the domain probably isn't exceptional.

Data such as PR, CPC or search volume is mostly relevant when you want to develop, or possibly in the eyes of a developer.
I don't recommend that you pay too much attention on the metrics, also look for the beauty in the name: is it brandable, memorable, easy to read without spelling, does it command respect etc.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In general, I don't think that the metrics will make your domains easier to sell.
My buyers never ask for age, traffic stats and that kind of information, domainers do.
Absolutely can not be stated enough.

Both my last two sales have been to the end user. How do I know? Not once did they ask for any of these domainer's sacred metrics or stats. Plus, one of them already has a site with an alternate spelling of the domain purchased.

Yesterday, I was approached by a start up company that also was only interested in the name and none of the baggage with it. Their initial offer was actually pretty decent but not worth me selling at this point. I stated my range and was told he would need to get authorization higher up for such a purchase. If they want it, they will come back.

You can tell immediately by questions asked if it is end user or domainer inquiry.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can tell immediately by questions asked if it is end user or domainer inquiry.

Only domainers ask for traffic stats and that's a sure tipoff it's no end user.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom