Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.berlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not paid by anyone of ". Berlin domain promoter". Today I got the message that is possible to register up to 100 Domains on 101Domains.c.. with the suffix ". BERLIN" for free. This Promotion will end on Juni 20. I offer all assistance heir to the guys some have problems with German words, spelling..what ever... and would like to register some domains. It's only help, no more I offer! :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice of you to offer, but

you'll only be helping to inflate registration numbers, which is like filling a life jacket with holes in it.....trying to float this .whatever

:)

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice of you to offer, but

you'll only be helping to inflate registration numbers, which is like filling a life jacket with holes in it.....trying to float this .whatever

:)

I understand your point of view Biggie, it is not about whether this ending is good or bad ... it's all for the help in German language, I think most forum members are mature enough to decide whether them should buy these domains or not.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
100 free domains sounds nice but what are the renewals ? Seems like a sleazy scheme to me.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a thread running right now where the OP had listed hundreds of .berlin names for sale.

How can anyone possibly put a value on such a joke of a giveaway? What, you want me to make you an offer on your free domains?

Folks, is there any wonder why all the global merchant organizations are vehemently against this glutton of names? They can defend reg their own TM fast enough.

I have never in my life seen such a fiasco of a launch since .eu when only .eu residents (and entities) could register a .eu. Over 300 fake registries with a (eu) address popped up and horded premium names.

.berlin has given itself a Tritt in die Eier but I would expect nothing else from such a loser of a registry and site host 1anddone

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Tritt in die Eier " hehe gut recherchiert, ist der Name noch frei? :D

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1andDone = LOL

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apparently the promo is already over. Too much gluttony I guess.

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ITS OVER, you was right Katherine...it cost now 89,99 included trust-service

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ITS OVER, you was right Katherine...it cost now 89,99 included trust-service
not so fast. Look to the left side margin. You will see the list price is $0.01. When you add one to your cart, that is the price charged.

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not so fast. Look to the left side margin. You will see the list price is $0.01. When you add one to your cart, that is the price charged.
not one my page...its only showing in the beginning when you pick it up, after that it comes the full price...whatever i have one .berlin from preregister time.

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shame about .BERLIN. It looked like such a nice city gTLD. Now it might be facing a replay of the .EU fiasco.

Regards...jmcc

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.berlin and .nyc backers had been pursuing a gTLD for well over 10 years, decrying how important and vital it was for business. The cry was "all the good names are taken". The solution...create more.

As a city, Berlin was against this push claiming that the city of Berlin was the sovereign authority. They did not want the name and did not want the name administered by someone else.

A few years later, the .nyc effort (also crying that all the good names were taken) joined forces. Armed with piles of money earmarked to influence ICANN officials and we now have the debacle witnessed today.

Looks like the sentiment of about a decade ago with Berlin officials claiming it was not needed rings more true today as the namesake has been diluted and polluted to the point of immediate saturation of all and everything that is not Berlin related. Indeed, this debacle proves that the name was "not needed" because now, imo, the name space has absolutely zero significance in terms of relating to and of the City of Berlin.

The virtual giveaway of names of the past couple of days has already placed this name into the "hasbeen" column.

The City of Berlin should be insulted by what has happened.

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no one here who wants to get upset in German language? :D

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And you wonder why domaining has got a bad rep. Let's be honest, if domainers grab all the freebies, the Berliners are left with the crumbs and resentment.
Whether they will miss those domains is another matter though (the drop is just a year ahead anyway). Domains that are free to register are usually FTR for a reason.

Achtung. Dead zone ahead.

loupe

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't care about .berlin, it's too specific for my agenda :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom