Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best registrar for large portfolios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which registrar(s) would you recommend for a large portfolio?

Are there any advantages in splitting your portfolio between a number of registrars?

Domain Days 2024

MyFuture

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I keep all my domains by one place as I have a nice deal going on. domaindiscount24.com by key-systems will offer excellent bulk rates with a superior backend for management.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been told by more than a few that http://www.bulkregister.com is the best registrar for managing very large portfolios...
If you are concerned about security Moniker is the one.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1. domaindiscount24.com
2. bulkregister.com
3. godaddy.com
4. fabulous.com
5. ???? next?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
moniker.com is one of the most secure out there

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1. domaindiscount24.com
2. bulkregister.com
3. godaddy.com
4. fabulous.com
5. moniker.com
6. ???? next?

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like GoDaddy but find that once your portfolio gets to a certain size it takes long to locate specific domains. It would be nice to have a search functionality so you can locate domains by partial words.

Never heard of domaindiscount24. How long have they been around? What makes them better than bulkregister and godaddy?

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1. bulkregister.com
2. fabulous.com
3. godaddy.com
4. moniker.com
5. ???? next?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bulkregister was purchased by Enom a couple weeks ago.

It is still unknown if they will merge BR into Enom.

Moniker is the most secured. And, his pricing is very competitive.

The major players use
Moniker
Enom
Fab.

MyFuture

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what I like about Key-Systems 1998, / aka DomainDiscount24 is the excellent backend they offer for your portfolio.
Extremely easy to manage domains with their admin area.
I can always get in contact with them via telephone or through their support team via email.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1. godaddy.com
2. fabulous.com
3. moniker.com
4. ???? next?

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Which registrar is the best price and customer service compare Godaddy.com and Moniker.com?

1. prices for TLDs
2. Customer service; 24 hours phone service etc
3. speed of website loading..... i know godaddy.com sometimes very slow...
4. bulk domains control panel.... example godaddy.com only controls 1 page for 20 domains, but if you have more than 20 domains do have to click one page by one page. i wish godaddy can control 500 domains in one page but it is impossible because loaing speed of page is going to slow.....

i now know more about Moniker.com

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would you say:

1. Moniker - Plus: Security; Minus: Price (don't see it on the site but I think it's around 18 for com)
2. GoDaddy - Plus: Price, service; Minus: Control, slow DNS server.
3. Fabulous - I like their control panel but never used them for registrar. Price also is very competitive at 6.75.
4. BR/enom - ???

Also:

Are there any benefits to spliting your portfolio between registrars?

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good idea, ecafe.

1. Moniker - Plus: Security; Minus: Price (don't see it on the site but I think it's around 18 for com)
3. Fabulous - I like their control panel but never used them for registrar. Price also is very competitive at 6.75.
4. BR/enom - ???
i bought some domain from enom's reseller but the reseller put my domain in his portfolio. Finally i called enom customer serivece and got it back after a while.

i think enom's problem is the security between the reseller and the retail domain buyer. for example, godaddy's resellers are not allowed to control any domains bought under him (can control only his domains), only godaddy's customer service has full control of the domains, even though they have to spend more on customer service.

Enom give reseller the ability to control their retail customer's domains. When we call enom for help, they say to contact the reseller. Only when there is a big problem... like the reseller not responding or something, they try to fix it then. I don't know why enom is not controlling the customer service for the reseller.... I heard that Enom is purchasing domain companies and i wonder how they will end up controlling these compaines...

As for enom, if you want more security, then you need to buy from enom's website which is more than about 2 times the price. If you buy from enom's reseller, then you will have to contact the reseller... Godaddy controls all domains that are purchased through their reseller...:crutch:

ecafe said:
Would you say:

4. BR/enom - ???

Also:

Are there any benefits to spliting your portfolio between registrars?

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Preoccupy, for the details on eNom. This input is much appreciated.

I think I'll give Fabulous more of a try and see how they compare.

I've used them for parking but got discouraged due to low click returns and high learning curve on the control panel.

Since then, my portfolio grew and I see they offer functionality that should prove quite useful. Often with increased functionality comes increased learning curve. And I feel like I haven't given them a fair try the first time around. Plus I like their registration rates and they're at version 5 of the control panel.

I will report my experience to this forum.

It would be good to read more specific details/experiences with Moniker.

Still would like to see what the feedback is on placing your portfolio at one registrar versus dividing it between a number of registrars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom