Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Best Registrar? Opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mud

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Just was curious to wonder what you think the best registrar is. Currently I'm using dotster, but I've heard some good things about enom and am thinking of switching. Perhaps there is a better one still? Thanks for your time :eek:k:

- Michael Deal

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have always automatically said Enom in the past - but I have recently disovered Fabulous and they are absolutely mind-blowing. The array of features there is untouched by any other company, but you need to have a lot of domains to qualify for the special wholesale accounts that have all of the bells and whistles (and a reg price that is equivalent to or better than Enom's low reseller prices).

You can register a domain there, immediately put it on their PPC engine (or redirect it to any other PPC engine you choose), add a For Sale bar at the bottom with a built in contact form, decide whether you want pop-ups and where they appears (including popping up your own web sites instead of ads), incredible statistics and domain management features. You can also custom design your own PPC pages with colors, fonts and the kinds of links on them.

Really I am just amazed by it. You can even use their nameservers to perform virtually all of these functions - even if your domains are registered somewhere else! For professional domainers it is a one stop shop unlike any you have ever seen.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Best" probably depends on what you deem to be most important, as every registrar has their strengths and weaknesses, which may or may not match your requirements.

Personally, I like OpenSRS for their total package and balance of all the attributes (not the absolute cheapest, or richest in features, but my names feel safest there).

But, I can understand why others might choose eNom, Dotster, GoDaddy, Fabulous, or others, as they all have pretty good features too.

merlion

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like OpenSRS, rock solid.

Maybe not be a good option if price is the first criteria.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thought OnlineNIC was, but I am not getting much help from them on domain ownership changes and registrar transfers. Have emailed them with my concerns and have yet to hear from them. Puzzling, I had high hopes for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom