Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Beware Aim High Inc dba GetYerName.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am sick and tired with the dodgy game playing Registrars that occur when you try and transfer a domain name that you have purchased at Snapnames. I am trying to get an auth code from GetYerName.com and I asked them for auth code and unlock domain (as they dont allow owners to do that themselves else they couldnt play games with them I guess) and they said that since I had sold the domain they could only give those to new owner. What BS they know they are talking.

All I would say is that if you buy a domain through Snapnames expect to have games played when you come to do anything with the domain. i.e. the Registrar the domain is with will play games with you as they desperately try and charge you triple the rate you usually pay to renew the domain.

I do not have access to the manage the domain. I asked GetYerName.com to give me the auth code and unlock the domain because I have sold MY domain. Instead of giving me the info and unlocking
the domain they sent this email;

"Hello,
Since the domain has been sold, please provide the new owner's
information. We are limited to providing the requested information to
the actual owner.
Thank you.""

They have been in business long enough to know that this is bullshit
because I do won the domain and am detailed on WHOIS and all they are trying
to do is be awkward and play games in hope they can squeeze yet more from the domain.
So despite paying for the domain at auction they still are not happy. Is this ethical ?. NO.
My buyer and my transactions are none of their concern.

Snapnames should understand that when someone is paying top dollar then they expect
they will not have such games played with them and Snapnames should bring their Registrars
into line, assuming that is that the Registrar is not owned by them as they often are.

DG

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Theres no need to mention you have sold the domain to them but at any rate I have had problems such as being unable to get the auth code or any kind of reply to support request from these registrars basically forcing me to stay with them and pay their fees which sometimes amount to as much as $40/per year.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GerYerNames.com (part of Snapnames) now tell me that they are putting the domain name into pending delete having delayed and delayed. What con artists these
people are !!. Be warned, if you are buying Domain names through Snapnames.com you
are potentially buying what we call a "pig in a poke" with a con artist type Registrar
such as GetYerNames.com (Con Artists !!!)

DG

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some catchers are a pain to deal with, but my overall experience so far is positive. You should report them to snapnames if there is no resolution in sight.

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sdsinc is correct. If ever you have a problem with a registrar that we partner with please let us know and we will do all we can to make sure that your issue is resolved.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sdsinc is correct. If ever you have a problem with a registrar that we partner with please let us know and we will do all we can to make sure that your issue is resolved.

OK then Kjel, why have GetYerName.com (which I believe actually is a name of Snapnames "Group") TODAY changed the whois to their own details , having previously refused to provide me the auth code and unlcok. This is the whois that appears today;
Registrar getyername
Registrant Contact Domain Contact
Protected WHOIS
Postal Mails Rejected
c/oPO Box 1417
Golden CO 80402
US
+1.3035243469
[email protected]

This is unethical practice AGAIN. I guess Snapnames do not value my business !.

These twats may have time to F around playing games, I do not and I like
to deal with professional companies not companies who act unethically.

Have just spoken to someone I know at ICANN and they have said they will get the matter
looked into and dealt with.

DG

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Is this a US based registrar? In the past, I had problems with registrars based in South Korea, Israel and India.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Galcomm is the Israeli registrar?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Galcomm - now that's a shitty registrar. They are a close second to registerfly :D
They are good at catching .us though. Do they catch for Snap as well ?

D

dragonhawk

I thought you were able to see who the domain is registered with before you bid on the domain? Just don't bid on the domain if you see that particular registrar.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's the rickety little Registrar's that are always a pain.. The auth code just adds to the BS we already have to go through to consolidate our domains to one Registrar.

I thought you were able to see who the domain is registered with before you bid on the domain? Just don't bid on the domain if you see that particular registrar.

If you really want the domain, who the Registrar is wont deter you.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this a US based registrar? In the past, I had problems with registrars based in South Korea, Israel and India.

Yes it is in USA. It is AIM HIGH!, INC. DBA GET YER NAME.com
GetYerName, 7836 Lone Pine Drive, Golden CO 80403
US +1.3035243469 I believe that they are a part of Snapnames .

DG

Kjel, any answer to my below post ? Is it even worth bidding for domains when we have to put up with such crap ?.

DG

OK then Kjel, why have GetYerName.com (which I believe actually is a name of Snapnames "Group") TODAY changed the whois to their own details , having previously refused to provide me the auth code and unlcok. This is the whois that appears today;
Registrar getyername
Registrant Contact Domain Contact
Protected WHOIS
Postal Mails Rejected
c/oPO Box 1417
Golden CO 80402
US
+1.3035243469
[email protected]

This is unethical practice AGAIN. I guess Snapnames do not value my business !.

These twats may have time to F around playing games, I do not and I like
to deal with professional companies not companies who act unethically.

Have just spoken to someone I know at ICANN and they have said they will get the matter
looked into and dealt with.

DG

VINCENT HAMM

This is the guy that owns the Registrar. Does'nt appear at first glance to be the type
of guy to be involved in UNETHICAL practices;
Born in Dallas, Texas in 1959 to a white collar worker and an educator,
his family moved to Colorado the following year. He grew up in Golden, Colorado
and attended Colorado University, receiving a degree in Philosophy with minors in
Mathematics and English. After a brief residency in Seattle Washington he
returned to Colorado and began to build his reputation as a businessman and
community leader. Today Vincent S. Hamm is the President of Aim High! which
comprises a team of systems analysts that train and support a variety of
clientele. He been a member of the Greater Denver Chamber of Commerce,
the Governor's Small Business Council, the Colorado Indian Chamber of
Commerce and the Denver Advertising Federation.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the domain is dropping you can't predict which registrar will catch it.
The prerelease just stay at the same registrar and do not drop.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I tried asking nicely but they are not interested in ethical behaviour;
Hamm for President
PO Box 1417
Golden, CO 80402
(303) 271-1288

Seems Vincent Hamm thinks he has a realistic chance of
being President. Do Obama or MCain scam domains from people
to TRY and force them to renew with the scammy company, I think not.

DG

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...
Actually they might be far worse than Hamm... :)

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...
Actually they might be far worse than Hamm... :)

Lol, yep you might well be right there. If Vincent Hamm gets his company to
do the right thing ,i.e. give me my domain, then I shall be certain to post
here !.

DG

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really should have named this thread "Beware AimHigh Inc DBA GetYerName.com "
as it is they who have acted unethically. It seems that a few Registrars, think that
it is OK to refuse and prevaricate about giving auth codes to people so they are FORCED
to renew at much larger expense than would be the case. Clearly Vincent Hamm the CEO
of Aim High Inc dba GetYerName.com is one of those companies.

Try as I might they do not want to do the right thing and have stolen the domain
from me by changing the WHOIS details. In my eyes no better than
conmen.

DG

Interesting link here;
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2001/12/prweb30931.htm

I wonder WHO was connected with TotalNic ?

DG

Domain Registrar TotalNIC Holds Customers' Domain Names Hostage

TotalNIC illegally denies all transfers of domain registrations to other domain registrars, forcing customers to give in to paying TotalNIC to keep their domain.

When a domain that is registered through TotalNIC comes up for renewal, TotalNIC illegally blocks it's customers from choosing a competitor. Attempting to transfer a domain name from TotalNIC to another competing registrar results in the transfer request being instantly denied, even though the domain was fully authorized by the registrant. According to the rules set forth by ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers), the governing body for domain names, all registrars are required to accept transfers after validation of the request by the gaining registrar. TotalNIC is violating those rules and forcing it's current customers to have to pay TotalNIC to keep their name. They are holding many domains hostage. In fact, they are holding all their customers domains hostage.

In trying to communicate with TotalNIC to try to see what can be done so that domains can be transfered, customers were unable to get anywhere. Therefore, some people have tried to make it known of these unethical practices, one person created a web page outlining all the communications they had with TotalNIC in the attempts made to transfer their domain names away from TotalNIC (http://www.coolwhois.com/totalnic.php">http://www.coolwhois.com/totalnic.php). There has been some discussions in some forums and newsgroups about this (http://www.coolwhois.com/totalnic.php#resources">http://www.coolwhois.com/totalnic.php#resources).

One person found a way to slip under TotalNICs detection to get their domain away from TotalNIC, and they want to let others know how they can transfer their domains away from TotalNIC by posting a web page about it (http://www.coolwhois.com/totalnic.php#success">http://www.coolwhois.com/totalnic.php#success).

More information can be found at http://www.coolwhois.com/totalnic.php">http://www.coolwhois.com/totalnic.php

I think this is the same Vincent Hamm;

EDWARD SWEENEY AND VINCENT HAMM ON BEHALF OF RATHBAWN LIMITED

Unsponsored TLD Application Transmittal Form

An application is hereby made to operate the registry for an unsponsored top-level domain within the Internet Domain Name System (DNS).

B1. This application is made by:

Edward Sweeney and Vincent Hamm of 7826 Lone Pine Drive, Golden Co 80402 and 5 Badham Street, Dickson, ACT 2602, Australia�

�Telephone contacts:

Edward Sweeney

+61 2 6257 6758

Fax +61 2 6257 6759

+61 2 62628511

fax +61 2 62628522

[email protected]

Vincent Hamm

+1 303 271 1288

fax +1 303 279 8667

email: [email protected]

[List the full legal name, principal address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address of the registry operator.]

Registry operator: Rathbawn Computers Limited, 7826 Lone Pine Drive, Golden Co 80402 and 5 Badham Street, Dickson, ACT 2602, Australia�

�Telephone contacts:

Edward Sweeney

+61 2 6257 6758

Fax +61 6257 6759

+61 2 6262 8511

fax +61 2 6262 8522

email: [email protected]

Vincent Hamm

+1 303 271 1288

fax +1 303 279 8667

email:[email protected]

Last edited:

Gaz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
removed as I'v calmed down now !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom