Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Beware Aim High Inc dba GetYerName.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am dealing with the same guy(s), under another name: http://www.webbusiness.biz - same owners (AimHigh Inc, (Dr.) Vincent S Hamm et al), same crappy service!

Mine is also a case of a domain that I acquired via Snapnames and am now trying to transfer out. But I'm experiencing the same unresponsiveness, same spiel, etc. ... I have already reported them to ICANN (for what it's worth) and will do whatever it (legally) takes to get the domain transferred out.

IMHO these crappy "registrars" do not have a right of existence - just because they paid the fee to ICANN does not entitle them to domain hijacking, bad/no service, overpriced renewals, etc. And, for this very reason, I have stopped using Snapnames too.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is an issue with SNAP using shitty 3rd rate registrars to dump your names into.

I have lost a few names this way as well. They used to use countless directi resellers.

Snap names is the culprit here as they more than likely get a kickback or fee from each participant to be used.

No way should they be dumping names into a reseller account of anyone.

It is perhaps a matter of pennies difference from using a legitimate registrar.

Tikkun

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate to resurrect such an old thread, but these pieces of crap are still up to their old games they played years ago. It's unbelievable!

My partner and I have several domains from Snapnames being held hostage by them right now. They operate both under webbusiness.biz, domain1source.com and some other registrars listed in this thread. All under the umbrella of the ethical "Dr" Vincent Hamm.

We didn't realize at first they were scammers. But they do all the same things as Nigerian ilk. Our first few messages to their "support" were quite kind, and we played along with their little games.

Now we kinda feel dirty that I was ever treated such vile scum with any human kindness. As many have said here, people who steal like this don't deserve so much as a smile from strangers on the street.

I believe strongly in being the very best person you can to good people, and to have the mental fortitude to do so, coming down on bad people as hard as you possibly can. These guys are in the latter category. I am happy to work with anyone here on shutting them down for the good of our industry. You can't pull Nigerian crap on US soil. It's possible we could strip them and their conspirators of their assets.

Now may I ask domaingenius and any other one who has successfully dealt with these creeps how they were able to get their property back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom