Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Beware: Member cwilson backed out of the commited X,XXX deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had multiple transactions with many of you through the years for x,xxx domain names without any problems, misscomunication or payment issues. Here I am talking about my recent medium sale that worth $1700. I am the seller, and the buyer, aka cwilson, known as Vicky Laster who decided to back out after 3 weeks of holding the domain name on her name servers (testing the traffic) and 2 week since the offer has been made but she asked for the posponded payment due to the wait time of receiving the funds to her paypal account. I have suggested to the buyer to make a deposit of $200-$300 to secure the deal but this suggestion was ignored.

Here is WHOIS info for a few of other names she owns:

Laster, Vicky [email protected]
Domain Mgr Trs Service
1424 Lower Road
Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208
United States
+1.9082093893

Being a nice guy, I said she could have it parked still and decided that the deal is a deal and dozens of members buy and sell names here every day with trusting each other. I believed if cwilson made an offer - she will proceed with it.

With this thread I'd like to do my best to let other people know how ignorant you are towards other members of the community and show the worse communication skills I've seen here for many years dealing with hundreds of members.

I have given her plenty of time to pay for the name and even tried to agree on $250-$300 compensation to cover the revenue loss, all my time, false expectations and most importnat two other potential buyers who were waiting for the quick test and made there offers but I refused explaining that he name is already sold.

Well... I just don't want this to happen to anyone in the future. As I see "Vicky" doesn't have too much experience trading here and I believe members like this should be at least warned or even maybe banned.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hope you get things sorted. They were contacting me about 2-3 days ago about domains so it seems as though they have $$.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Youll have to clarify something, you state ...

I am the seller, and the buyer, aka cwilson, known as Vicky Laster who decided to back out after 3 weeks of holding the domain name on her name servers (testing the traffic) and 2 week since the offer has been made but she asked for the posponded payment due to the wait time of receiving the funds to her paypal account.

So she tested the name for weeks now, is happy with the results as I assume that was a condition (?) of the sale, asked for more time to pay as she does want the name after testing and has yet to do so.

Is that what this statement above means?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Unrelated: I like DNP's helmet/watermelon avatar :D

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
would like to know what domain you are selling for $1700 earning $100 a week in revenue and she dont want it,she crazy ?

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
would like to know what domain you are selling for $1700 earning $100 a week in revenue and she dont want it,she crazy ?
If that's the case, your energy would be better spent letting a few folks know the name's available again...but I do feel your frustration.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure no worries, clarification follows:

I was going to edit the initial post right after posting it but this forum section doesn't allow to "edit". After 1 week of testing buyer confirmed by PM that she is bying the domain name for the offered price without any conditions, price changes regardless of revenue drop, traffic drop and etc. BUT she will be able to pay in 2 weeks only because she has to wait until she gets enough funds on her Paypal account. The revenue flactuated for the last week and dropped a little bit but buyer never complained about it and 3-4 days before the day she suppose to make a payment I got the following PM -

07-24-2010 08:07 PM
cwilson said:
Hey, relax buddy. I just started the transfer and it takes 4 biz days to transfer money in.

-DNP-

Youll have to clarify something, you state ...

So she tested the name for weeks now, is happy with the results as I assume that was a condition (?) of the sale, asked for more time to pay as she does want the name after testing and has yet to do so.

Is that what this statement above means?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

If that's the case, your energy would be better spent letting a few folks know the name's available again...but I do feel your frustration.

Well... probably I should leave all my hopes to resolved this shaking sale aside and advertise the name to other respectful members. OK If anybody interest, please feel free to send me a PM and I will provide more details.

Cheers
-DNP-

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Unrelated: I like DNP's helmet/watermelon avatar :D

Hey buddy,

I have another one with the brain texture, I think it will fit your head very nicely, I can send it to you :)

PS Free shipping ;-)

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also PM I got from a reputable DNF member yesterday:

earlier this year I sold domain ****** to member ydnaemsti (now banned) he asked to change nameservers to bodis and the deal was completed. You may want to check ****** whois: Vicky Laster. So either Andy Wegrzyn (ydnaemsti) is Vicky or they are related. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Note that Wegrzyn is Matt's (Bodis) family name. Now that could be a made-up name to create confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators