Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Beware Of Paypal Orders From Email Addresses From Another.com And Rock.com ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasu

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep just made a search with rock.com and this thread came up...

sasu

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whats the search link?

Redstone

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same here...exact same emails...interested in 4 of my domain names....He mentioned the exact same sites as listed above for the apprasials...I take it they must own Hollywood Domains? GreatDomains.com appears to be owned by Verisign... I am sure that they can get alot of people with this scam...I bet the main scam is only the appraisals...if they can get 100 people to buy their appraisals they quickly make $1500.00...they probably never come through with any payments to actually buy domains...I was suspicious of these emails, and also thought of the possibility of domain hijacking...so I made sure that I locked all of my domains with the registrar....Glad to see this thread here...those emails puzzled me for a while...

rixride00

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cheques really are not safe,

We got contacted from someone who wanted to pay with a certified cashiers check.

Well in the US, Banks have to honor it and pay out the money, but it could take up to two weeks before they can find out the check is bad, then you owe the bank the money. They come after you.

What some people do is offer you more for your (insert product name here) then ask you to transfer the rest back to the "Shipping" company.

They send you the check, you cash it, wire the money to the shipper and its gone forever...then your stuck with the bill..its not pretty but it works for these people.

Most of the checks are very good counterfeits.

Good luck and stay sharp, I wish there was a way to get back at these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom