Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Beware Of Scamming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1404

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently I've received a letter with a sweet offer to buy one of my domain names.

Dear sir / madam

As a broker of China & Moscow Investment Joint Group, I am writing to you because my client is interested in purchasing your website ***********

As you know, since the beginning of 2000's, the Chinese are buying up virtually all valuable foreign companies. Over the last 2-3 years, they are also interested in the IT services market (a perfect examples are the Chinese equivalents of Western browsers, auction services, payment systems). The current value of the investment is $ 450,000 for 15-20 websites - one of the websites which investors are interested, it's yours. What price will be satisfactory for you?

China & Moscow Investment Joint Group, is a private investor group, working in the IT industry - mainly in the buying/selling websites, their adaptation to the premium subscription, generate web traffic. They handle transactions through Paypal, AsiaPay, Western Union, Escrow and wire transfers.

I hope you will be interested in selling your website.

I look forward to your reply,
Aaron Choo
5 Waterloo Road
Kowloon City
Hong Kong

I replied with the price. And then I received the following:

Glad to hear you,

We can accept the price.
As I understand, the domain belongs to you, so you will be able to sign a contract of sale?
Please read the contract (attached document), and write if you have any questions / doubts about it.

Are you the first owner of this website?

I will not ask you for any other document, because each bank payment / online payment is registered - so my investor will not be afraid to transfer money to your account.

However, my investor would like to get independent Domain Apprisal. Since the buyer is not a private person, this transaction must have a formal character. Domain appraisal can be delivered from a few specialized entities - it is not expensive certificate (I suggest to look here http://icann-appraisal.org/purchasing-form/ - it's safe and competitively priced option). Of course there are free automated valuation - as EstiBot or working on its engine www.valuate.com. Unfortunately, my investor does not accept these free valuations, let me explain why.
Well, try to do the valuation of YouTube ($ 0 ) or Reddit ( $ 880). It is ridiculous that the biggest media services in the world and one of the most popular social networking sites were valued in this way and that's why my investor considers these free valuation systems as worthless.
So you will be able to provide us with this document? Just contact them and write what price you sell the domain, they will help you. As you understand, as a broker I receive a commission (and not small - 8%) from the sale, so I care about bringing to purchase this website. Usually on the second day you receive the document.

If you're wondering about the price of domain appraisal, I'll give you two other options (one of the European leaders in the industry, and the second - Canadian):

http://www.domainappraisal.ca/
https://nidoma.com/en/service/pricelist

Both are more expensive than previously proposed option, while my client has already accepted a few valuations from http://icann-appraisal.org/, which is why I suggest always the most attractive option available on the web - whereby we know them and we had no reservations so far.

At the time when my investor will transfer the money to your account, you will provide us in accordance with the agreement all the passwords.

I hope that we can close off the transaction. As I mentioned, I remain available if you have any questions.
I look forward to your reply,
Aaron Choo
5 Waterloo Road
Kowloon City
Hong Kong

Classic scam scheme(

Domain summit 2024

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Smack yourself for replying with the price and thinking it was real in the first place. If you fall for these kind of scams you should find a new profession/hobby.

Plus, people have posted the same scam a million times....

Alex1404

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Smack yourself for replying with the price and thinking it was real in the first place. If you fall for these kind of scams you should find a new profession/hobby.

Plus, people have posted the same scam a million times....

I haven't spent money on any appraisal service mentioned in a scam. I just posted here in order to prevent others of being taken in.

Alex1404

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't spent money on any appraisal service mentioned in a scam. I just posted here in order to prevent others of being taken in.
And I am a newbie in this business, so I suppose I have right for a mistake - I mean if my answer with price is really a huge mistake

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's been 9 months as you being a member. In those 9 months, how many times have you seen this same "scam" being posted here? Just search the forum for appraisal scam. 250+ threads. We don't need anymore because people aren't that stupid.

@Mods - Can we make a rule to stop posting "appraisal scam" threads? Then when they read the rules, they see that "appraisal scam" is a link inside the rule, which directs them to an article about appraisal scams. You could potentially even rank for those keywords and get organic traffic. In the article, you could even have appraisals yourself, making CPA off the damn thing for all I care. :D

Alex1404

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's been 9 months as you being a member. In those 9 months, how many times have you seen this same "scam" being posted here? Just search the forum for appraisal scam. 250+ threads. We don't need anymore because people aren't that stupid.

@Mods - Can we make a rule to stop posting "appraisal scam" threads? Then when they read the rules, they see that "appraisal scam" is a link inside the rule, which directs them to an article about appraisal scams. You could potentially even rank for those keywords and get organic traffic. In the article, you could even have appraisals yourself, making CPA off the damn thing for all I care. :D

Alex1404

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I've registered 9 months ago, but I've got a membership only 1 month ago, so I haven't yet read all the information. But thank's for indication of other similiar posts. And I've typed in Google this letter, but haven't found anything. Anyway I had good purpose to help others. Sorry for any incovinience caused here.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perfectly fine I suppose. I'm just saying, a new member posts this at least once a week... Even an old member (2002ish) did a couple weeks ago. No harm, no foul. o_O

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Also implement DNA tests :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators