Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Beware - SnapNames.com Using Fake Registrars As Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A little confused.

Seems like some are implying that you can tell before you win where the auctioned name is going???

Seems you should be able to demand better service and more legit registrar partners or just don't use their services.

Lack of customer service and junque registrars is why I quit Pool. Never once did I receive a notice in more than 2 weeks from Pool or the gaining registrar where a domain I won went. When I called pool, they basically told me it was not their problem.

Most of the one I got with pool went to Directi resellers, it seems.

Those are the most horrible looking sites I have seen in ages.

Baby-shit green.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You mean your PM inbox on DNF or your personal/business email inbox (the one linked to your snap account)?

Very odd either way

Email address on file with SnapNames. Very odd indeed. Perhaps Domus is a member here? I have no idea...

Or perhaps Domus is not actually Domus, and they aren't actually based in Russia at all... something really stinks, that is obvious.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was RIPPED OFF for US$60 through straight purchase of a domain
(i.e. not Snapnames) and I paid OpenMerchant.com . I note on whois they
too are located in Delaware. Despite repeated attempts they never gave
me any answer and I saw that domain was in fact regged with Snapnames.
I have usually found Snapnames very good and I dont know if they had/have
a connection with OpenMerchant.com.

DG

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was RIPPED OFF for US$60 through straight purchase of a domain
(i.e. not Snapnames) and I paid OpenMerchant.com . I note on whois they
too are located in Delaware. Despite repeated attempts they never gave
me any answer and I saw that domain was in fact regged with Snapnames.
I have usually found Snapnames very good and I dont know if they had/have
a connection with OpenMerchant.com.

DG

I'm pleased if they use answerable.com or manage.snapnames.com, no problems whatsoever with those. It's when they start using offshore registrars that the problems seem to begin for me.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm pleased if they use answerable.com or manage.snapnames.com, no problems whatsoever with those. It's when they start using offshore registrars that the problems seem to begin for me.
Oh, no no no!

I had somewhere between 9 and 12 names that I was transferring out that they did not transfer, tried to bill me some outrageous fees for recovery, and each and every name was then regged to the same person in India.

This is a directi reseller.

Answerable is perhaps the riskiest registrars.

This is no bullshit - I called them once and it sounded like someone in a cafe in Bangalore with dishes clanging and cars honking on the street. The person on the other end had me keep repeating every thing because he could not hear from all the background news.

This forum and others are filled with these same horror stories.

Manage.snapnames.com is also a directi reseller. I have not had any problems with them yet.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
never had nay problems with those two. They don´t have sites, but email works everytime. always sent auth codes etc.
Which email ? I sent them tons of emails and thos fcukers never answered me. Always have to ask Nelson and if domain has value like 20 bucks I just let it drop - and of course this scum always keeps those domains for themselves...

Manage.snapnames.com is also a directi reseller
That's nonsense. They use logicboxes management panel and under manage.snapnames.com is to manage tens of registrars which probably all belong to Snapnames (those registrars which belong to Logicboxes customers who let them use their dropping connection are managed via Answerable panel)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I like Denny 2.0 and his new avatar :D

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is no bullshit - I called them once and it sounded like someone in a cafe in Bangalore with dishes clanging and cars honking on the street. The person on the other end had me keep repeating every thing because he could not hear from all the background news.

PayPal uses the same guy for tech support I think. The last time I called him it sounded like he was on his moped.

"Hello, thank you for calling PayPal... oh shit I just lost my sandal... hold on a minute please."

Answerable is perhaps the riskiest registrars.

They are offshore, didn't realize that. Thankfully I haven't had any problems with them so far.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Hello, thank you for calling PayPal... oh shit I just lost my sandal... hold on a minute please."
I am impressed you even found a customer service number for PayPal.

Lord, used to be some hacker that would post all the phone numbers and direct extensions and emails to all the big wigs in nearly every major corp.

I remember once seeing all the list of the top dogs at ebay, paypal, and numerous other numbers and emails for countless Fortune 100 companies.

And this list was updated weekly because of all the number changes after people calling the top dogs.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are offshore
They are in India, you know, thats a country with 3.3 times more people than almighty USA...call it "offshore" is ridiculous...

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are in India, you know, thats a country with 3.3 times more people than almighty USA...call it "offshore" is ridiculous...

It's a figure of speech indicating a point of reference, don't read into it too deeply.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Totally agree, never any problems with either of those. Probs just with
a few of their other Registrars, but usually if you send email to support they
are very good at sorting things out, normally. Have found that key to
avoiding problems is start trying to transfer domains out 6 months before
they expire, at least.If you leave less time then you will have probs.

DG

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Totally agree, never any problems with either of those. Probs just with
a few of their other Registrars, but usually if you send email to support they
are very good at sorting things out, normally. Have found that key to
avoiding problems is start trying to transfer domains out 6 months before
they expire, at least.If you leave less time then you will have probs.

DG

Definitely agree on the transfer timeline, though because I'm so paranoid now due to problems, I've actually started a new self policy of transferring domains right after the 60 day lock is over. That should keep me out of trouble.

I'm still waiting for a SnapNames drop to land in North Korea. Kim Jong-illin' Domains LLC :D

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitely agree on the transfer timeline, though because I'm so paranoid now due to problems, I've actually started a new self policy of transferring domains right after the 60 day lock is over. That should keep me out of trouble.
Good policy. Put them somewhere trusted and safe.

I'm still waiting for a SnapNames drop to land in North Korea. Kim Jong-illin' Domains LLC :D
EEK!

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
North Korea has Internet access? Check this map out.

Yeah, but exclusively for Kim Jong-il's Bangbus subscription. You should just see one green line on that map coming out of North Korea, and it's a little more rigid than the others. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom