Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Big Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes. But a long time ago :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i guess OP now wants to showcase his bd names

dude, that bandwagon has sooo many mofo's riding on it...that it's bound to collaspe

:)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't dream of it, not with a angry moderator like you.

Remember, FBI is over!

lol

how do you read anger?

also, why can't i or how can i, post in threads expressing my opinion as a member and not as moderator?

:rolleyes:

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol

how do you read anger?

also, why can't i or how can i, post in threads expressing my opinion as a member and not as moderator?

:rolleyes:

When you start your message with "i guess OP now wants to showcase his bd names" , your angry about something, not sure if it is not being able to sell the doamins in your sig or someone has told you that Santa is not coming this year!

Sorry once again for starting a thread.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you start your message with "i guess OP now wants to showcase his bd names" , your angry about something, not sure if it is not being able to sell the doamins in your sig or someone has told you that Santa is not coming this year!

Sorry once again for starting a thread.

my guesses are just that, a guess.

perhaps i guessed right, perhaps not

don't be sorry now mr curly

as for names in my sig,

you must like em ...since you wanna try and hate on them

so maybe if you bought a few, i could afford to buy some of them big data names

what you think?

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as for names in my sig,

you must like em ...since you wanna try and hate on them

So all the names you have blasted in the past you like?

Regarding me buying your domains, I prefer to donate the money!

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sometimes you have to blast them all, so no one knows if you like any

Your back to being an FBI agent again, stop it!

P.S. If you fancy making Christmas cards again with me this year, pm me.

Cheers

Last edited:

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is 'Big Data' the next big thing?

Is anyone investing in any domains related to this tech?

These were two legitimate questions for starting a discussion on a domainers’ forum.

Last edited:

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:popcorn:

Now, back on topic, I think big data IS big business but... like the 'cloud' hype, it's being overdone by the tech (and even mainstream) media. Bubbles are a bad thing, in business...

That being said, the "cloud hype" has made a lot of domainers a lot of money and that was the point of me starting the thread, to see if the words "big data" in domains can make domainers money.

I am still on the fence, I have seen little sales to date but the interest on the net seems overwhelming for this not to be a talking point for domainers.

Would like more views on this if possible.

Cheers

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How many is a lot :rolleyes:

More than a few.

Look at the cloud sales Katherine, what can't speak can't lie

Not to mention all of the cloud domains with multiple bids on Sedo and other places.

Last edited:

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don’t know of any Big Data domain sales yet, but Big Data is certainly on the news everywhere.

Although data processing and analytics have been around for a long time, but the recent advancements in processing and storage capabilities have created new opportunities to gain new Insights into all the data that were just sitting around before.

Any domain that directly describes a service related to Big Data processing and analytics technology might become attractive to those who provide those services, so domain names that relate to an actual application of this technology might get someone’s attention.

Whether a lot of Big Data companies choose to have the actual words “Big Data” in their name or not is something that we have to wait and see, but it would be a good way for them to set themselves apart from all those other data companies that still don’t have the capabilities to handle Big Data. IMO

Here is one company that uses both names:

Pentaho.com

and

PentahoBigData.com

-

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I invested in a number of big data names a while back. Some nice short ones are in there.

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think pretty much everything has been reg'd that can be, some silly ones too.

Aftermarket is the best place from now on in.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
big data may be the name thrown on top of the service.

the mass amount of domain names registered around that niche', far exceeds the demand for usage of such domain names by those existing services or future start-ups.

in udder werds....everybody ain't gonna make a sale from their bd portfolio and the majority won't sell any.

reasoning:

companies like Sears, have a subsidiary "Metascale" that's pitching bd services using Apache Hadoop as the dp platform.

so yeah, the keywords may bring up lots of results for, and from, other domainers, but the majority of actual domain names adopted for the bd niche' most likely will be brandable names, not emd's.

but that's just my opinion....

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
big data may be the name thrown on top of the service.

the mass amount of domain names registered around that niche', far exceeds the demand for usage of such domain names by those existing services or future start-ups.

in udder werds....everybody ain't gonna make a sale from their bd portfolio and the majority won't sell any.

reasoning:

companies like Sears, have a subsidiary "Metascale" that's pitching bd services using Apache Hadoop as the dp platform.

so yeah, the keywords may bring up lots of results for, and from, other domainers, but the majority of actual domain names adopted for the bd niche' most likely will be brandable names, not emd's.

but that's just my opinion....

You might be right as far as most of the startups using brandable domains, but as we all know a lot of companies like to acquire additional domains that are directly related to the products and services that they provide.

I am not an authority on Big Data domain names as I myself just got into this niche and I am still experimenting with Big Data related brandable and keyword domains. But it looks like that there are going to be a number of services provided under the Big Data umbrella that could make for a good domain name. IMO

i guess OP now wants to showcase his bd names

This might not be such a bad idea, that way we can see if we are on the right path or not. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom