Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Big Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This might not be such a bad idea, that way we can see if we are on the right path or not. :)

this section is for General Discussion, and as such, so far... that's what we've been having, a general discussion.

when one starts a thread to talk specifically about the domain names they own, then it won't be a general discussion.

however, if you want to "test" whether you're on right path or not, then feel free to post them in Appraisal section and we can start a conversation about them.

there, the volume of responses may tell you something or the lack of volume may send a message as well.

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this section is for General Discussion, and as such, so far... that's what we've been having, a general discussion.

when one starts a thread to talk specifically about the domain names they own, then it won't be a general discussion.

however, if you want to "test" whether you're on right path or not, then feel free to post them in Appraisal section and we can start a conversation about them.

there, the volume of responses may tell you something or the lack of volume may send a message as well.

Putting the domains up for appraisal is different than posting them on a showcase and discussion thread in order to get a better sense as to what areas and categories to pursue in a certain niche, but then I am not here to argue about the rules of the forum so I guess the discussion can go on without having any example of Big Data domains. :rolleyes:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Putting the domains up for appraisal is different than posting them on a showcase and discussion thread in order to get a better sense as to what areas and categories to pursue in a certain niche, but then I am not here to argue about the rules of the forum so I guess the discussion can go on without having any example of Big Data domains. :rolleyes:

yes, putting names up for appraisal is different. it's a chance for you to stand alone on your own and and take the shots by yourself....see what your names are really made of. :)

Still, the OP already posted an example of a bd name (bdu) and i posted an example of a bd service (sears/metascale) that didn't use a "bd emd".

so it's not like the posting of those names is being prohibited, it's more like encouraging you to talk about the subject, the services and applications, which i think would be more informative and beneficial to those interested.

but if you know of viable services in this market that currently use bd emds or brandables, the posting of those url's wouldn't be an issue.

as that is info that would lend credibility, rather than more speculation.

imo...

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, putting names up for appraisal is different. it's a chance for you to stand alone on your own and and take the shots by yourself....see what your names are really made of. :)

I am more interested in seeing what domain names other members have registered in this niche than trying to show off my domains, we all can get new ideas from each other's domains, but if that is not acceptable here then I understand.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am more interested in seeing what domain names other members have registered in this niche than trying to show off my domains, we all can get new ideas from each other's domains, but if that is not acceptable here then I understand.

promoting one's specific domain names in discussion threads is not acceptable, however getting ideas from other peoples domain names is fine with me... especially if or when you can't come up with ideas of your own.

but you must know that endless posts of just regged names only perpetuate the continuation of those registrations, they do not enlighten the masses about the topic.

if you think i'm lying, go read some old .mobi threads

:)

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you start your message with "i guess OP now wants to showcase his bd names" , your angry about something, not sure if it is not being able to sell the doamins in your sig or someone has told you that Santa is not coming this year!

Sorry once again for starting a thread.

Dont be sorry.

Some of the staff here are so uptight when they fart, they blow out their pockets.

And yes, some are so old, they cant take humor without accusing you of smoking something.

And even more so, some are just a draggar.

But hey, who am I to say. Just dont let it get you down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom