Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.Biz Advertisement on MSNBC.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just saw this site on MSNBC.com. Couldn't have been that cheap...

http://www.discountbiz.biz/

Not sure if I'm crazy about the name or the site design, but it does say some businesses aren't afraid to use dot biz. Seems they're intent on attracting the "biz" traveler. So the two seem to go together. Probably see more of these type .biz sites in the future. Sites geared toward "biz" professionals.

:-D

enter: www.Anywhere.biz - "You know the slogan!"â„¢

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do like how they market their name.

DiscountBIZâ„¢

http://www.discountbiz.biz/aboutus.htm

They feel they have the freedom to "drop" the .biz. Usually it takes years before pure online companies can drop their suffix to make it work, but DiscountBiz isn't messing around... It took Yahoo, awhile, and I distinctly remember calling "Google", "Google dot com" only a few years ago.

Some .biz names you'll absolutely want to keep the .biz in your name (Show.biz), but others such as this one, you'll want to advertise your Business Name, and URL separate. The bonus (in time) will be that the .biz URL will be used as a "beacon" to alert business professionals that the site is business related. Come on in!

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was using Yahoo *before* it was yahoo.com... it was at akebono.stanford.edu/yahoo/ first. But people called it Yahoo because that was its name... there was the quaint, archaic concept that the name of a site and the address of a site weren't necessarily the same thing.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dtobias
I was using Yahoo *before* it was yahoo.com... it was at akebono.stanford.edu/yahoo/ first. But people called it Yahoo because that was its name... there was the quaint, archaic concept that the name of a site and the address of a site weren't necessarily the same thing.

Neat. I wished I would have jumped on this bandwagon before 1995. Not only for the commercial aspects, but for the adventure. There weren't too many people "online" pre-1993. Would have been real cool to have surfed the "old web", the old fashion way: cd/windows:insert name here (or something like that)...

CLS (quick quiz)... Does anyone remember what this does in DOS

note: I did enjoy computers pre-1993, but I never in my wildest dreams ever thought we would get "connected" like we have. It wasn't until 1995 that I realized, where the internet was going. Even then it was a little late... And even back then most people didn't realize just how valuable those dot com's would become

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cheap design. Bad domain name. :dead:

:-D

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hope the .biz gets bigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom