Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.BIZ continues to get better

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Anyone knows how this works?

BIZ PromoteSM (available fourth quarter 2002) will enable companies to achieve priority rankings on the Internet's most popular search engines and web directories, including Google, Yahoo!, MSN, AOL, Lycos, AltaVista and LookSmart. Over 90% of all website visits are directly related to search engine and directory referrals, making BIZ PromoteSM critical for businesses seeking significant ROI from online sales. Further, the product is "TLD-agnostic," meaning it can be used by businesses in every Web domain (.BIZ, .US, etc.) The product is an extension of NeuStar's infrastructure, and an integral part of our "thick" registry concept.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Anyone knows how this works?

BIZ PromoteSM (available fourth quarter 2002) will enable companies to achieve priority rankings on the Internet's most popular search engines and web directories, including Google, Yahoo!, MSN, AOL, Lycos, AltaVista and LookSmart.

Sorry mole, I'm not following on this part, care to explain? Thanks :)

M

mole

This is what I understand Om,

Unlike .com, the new gTLDs like .biz are based on the thick registry concept that allows other data to be pegged onto the domain name as an underlying layer. Which means you can in theory attach key words to your domain itself which can flag out the search engines above and beyond what content spidering can do.

That's my take. Anyone has another view of this?

Maybe they're planning on buying top positions on the se's in a ppc manner and somehow letting their registrants take advantage of it?

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Had trouble understanding what you just typed lol But here's my view:

I doubt any search engines would favor any domain extensions unless let's say it's a regional search engine. Why - cause there's no good reason to do that - it'll only make worse the search results. Anyone with another view? Mole?

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
Maybe they're planning on buying top positions on the se's in a ppc manner and somehow letting their registrants take advantage of it?
This sounds more feasible - but having trouble figuring out a good business plan. Somehow it doesn't quite fit properly into the picture imo.

does sound hard to believe the search engines that have worked so hard on relevancy would be influenced by keywords attached to a domain rather then their current finely honed ranking algorithms based on page content, linking etc.

But stranger things have happened so who knows.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True. We'll be seeing them leave huh... probably won't last long if it does happen imo

M

mole

To be honest Om, I haven't a clue.

But I did read a long time ago on the neulevel.biz site that with the thick registry Neustar is able to attach more information to the domain then what is currently available with the thin registry that Verisign uses for .com and create a directory of sorts.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry mole, don't have a clue as well.

As a side note, your avatar looks good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom