Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.BIZ transfers STILL not cleared up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going mad!

I still haven't been able to find a Registrar who will accept Transfers In of .BIZ domains!!

I'm having to contact Neulevel direct to get it sorted out.

I can't believe this hassle...

A while ago I asked if anyone knew of a registrar/reseller who does Transfers IN of BIZ domains, but no-one knew...

I know of some that do .INFO, but not .BIZ

Those who are having trouble with their current resellers (like me) are stuck!

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dev are you saying you made an aftermarket purchase and simply want to transfer the name into "your" registra..but they wont nd you cant find one that will ?

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.BIZ is transferable, you have to know the authentication key. Most registrar console have option to generate the authentication key. I've registered .biz and .info with no hassle.

Let me know what registrar's were involved (from-to) on your transfer request.

I might be able to give you some guidelines.

cheers,
tw

We get them regularly - so any OpenSRS reseller can accept .biz transfers.

You need to know the auth code to transfer away from your current registrar. In some cases you can look this up in your control panel. In some you have to get it from the registrar. In the worst case, you can get this from the registry, but it's difficult.

-t

O

owndomains.com

ENOM can transfer .biz.

First of all, you must obtain the authorization key for .biz from your current registrar.

Or you can try my website:

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've just got a reply back from Neulevel.
They do indeed say that an "Auth-info" password is required from the current registrar and that the domain can be transferred if no objection is received within 120 hours (5 days?) from initialization of transfer.

Pardon me, but this is a very crap way of transferring - what if you have a dodgy registrar and they refuse to transfer it? You've lost your domain then in other words. Very bad.
I can see that this might help prevent 'stolen' domain syndrome, but those of us with crap registrars are screwed.
Surely Neulevel should have some way of dealing with this situation ??!! :-{Arrrgh}

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been able to tranfer over several .biz names to my Enom account. Those guys are super.

I have had a ton of problems trying to transfer a .biz over from Names4ever. It's been over 2 months and no less than 12 failed transfers. Those idiots have given me 6 different authorization codes for the same name.

Abacus / Aplusnet / Names4ever sucks big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom