Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Bought a Domain before a trademark......

cfoster84

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So i bought a domain a while back... after doing some research after i was contacted by a few people wanting to buy the domain.... it looks like a company is using it for one of their products and the trademark came after i purchased the domain... am i allow to sell it to someone else? or even approach the company that owns the product trademark?

Thanks in advance

Domain summit 2024

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You will be fine as long as you owned the name first.

cfoster84

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok.. sounds good... i will approach them about the domain soon... i noticed you own CloudSolutioin... the domain i am going to sell is a Cloud domain... know anything about the value of these domains?

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you approach them, I think it's considered bad faith registartion/use of the domain. Better get a few more opinions.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's a very fresh TM. Wait for them. And better remove the link...!

flippawilson

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Man, so many live wires in this field. I'm not complaining really, it's just , at some point in the future, it's going to be downright ridiculous with these trademarks.

As far as the bad faith thing goes, you should be fine.Meaning you came up with the name first, in order for it to be bad faith, as I understand from what a lawyer said, if there is some inkling of mimicry, or purposefully misspelling a word might get one in trouble.

shadow911

Reaction score
how about you got a trademark name international for example adidas.com then you have adidas.com.jp then the owner trademark in that country want to get that are you going to be in jail? then domain has name (THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE) and no logo og adidas etc.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators