Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

BTM.net STOLEN DOMAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry for jumping in and accusing BuyDomains.com, they obviously bought the domain legitimately from the real theif!

Thanks everyone for the digging, feedback and information. Yes, it did take me a long while to notice, but I'm not really in the domain business anymore, and this name was all payed up for the next few years, so I didn't think I had to worry about it!

It looks like egyfun "bought" the domain from novaangel (Account Closed) on NamePros. I guess I've just been domain-jacked, and can't do f@#k all about it!

Shame, as this was my only LLL domain... :doh:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gutted for you mate.
cant godaddy be brought to bear in first place, try taking some legal recourse against them

this novaangel character is still here on dnf, maybe dnf can pass on details about who owns account etc?
interestingly his/her last post was about this domain too on dnf and on np. also he/she cleaned the threads, which some do anyway

cant let them get away with it mate!

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess I've just been domain-jacked, and can't do f@#k all about it!

Shame, as this was my only LLL domain... :doh:

Not true. You can recover it if you file a conversion action. However, the question then becomes "is it worth the money to do so?"

David @ NameMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I manage the Portfolio Management team at NameMedia, which includes domain acquisition. We noticed this thread on BTM.net. We had purchased BTM.net a few months ago. At the time of purchase, the WhoIs information matched the individual that sold the name to us.

Based on the thread, we subsequently contacted the registrar to see if they could shed any light on what may or may not have occurred. Unfortunately, and understandably, they were not able to share any information with us on the name due to privacy issues (will only share with the registrant of record at that time).

The only way to truly determine what took place here is to have the registrar details on the situation. Therefore, DNF Addict, could you contact the registrar, as they will be able to share with the registrant of record at that time. In the meantime, we will place a 30-day hold on the name to ensure it is safe and removed from our saleable inventory.

All the best,

David

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow... that is an impressive display of corporate ethics. (applauds Name Media)

egyfun

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
like i said before , i bought this name from namepros .

i sold it to Ted / NameMedia

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Domains, have you contacted Godaddy to find out how/why this domain left your account?

That needs to be answered. How did the domain leave your godaddy account...Who and How and Where did it go. You'll have your answer.

Start at the start.

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the first post he said:
I just logged in to my GoDaddy account to find that my most valueable domain, BTM.net is missing!

Apparently, the domain just went *poof* without his knowing anything.

More info from GoDaddy regarding this issue would help.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dont get too carried away praising namemedia. they are handling stolen goods potentially and i would say cant sell anyway due to that. all they have done is paused selling it.

mr domains you need to get answers from godaddy, there are reps on here, if you can find them.that is the first point, until you do and they trace how went missing/stolen , you cant get the ball rolling.

godaddys easily hacked interface and couldnt care less attitude is the main reason im shipping all my remaining names out of godaddy and when my 'vip rep', who i have never spoke to before, asks why, i will point him to threads like this and the hundreds of others on here slating godaddy, with no response

good luck to all concerned. see if any of the detectives on here (acro, jp) can find out who the mystery member was. novaangel?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just logged in and there are a couple 'stolen domain' threads today :worried:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom