Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Bump Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can something be done re: bump posts? It takes a long time to read through new threads, and seeing old ones again just wastes precious time.

Upvote 0

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How long can it take to scroll through thread titles?
Unless it's abused there should be no problem.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
right, people who abuse it are the problem, a couple bumps dont hurt now and then

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I looked at the bumps that were reported to the mods, and the members were not bumping posts more that once a day (for the most-part).

There is one member (unnamed) that still likes to bump 5-6 times a day with no new info in the bumps. I have contacted this member in the past, and will contact again.

Thanks

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your allowed to create a new thread each day. I think if you can do that, you can bump once a day instead of creating a new thread.

Of course, you could buy everybody's domain names so they don't need to bump :)

RMF

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
There is one member (unnamed) that still likes to bump 5-6 times a day with no new info in the bumps. I have contacted this member in the past, and will contact again.

Originally posted by NameTower
i*eh**e right Giant?

You win :D

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there is a hack available that prevents bumping and lists threads the order they were created

i think it would be worthwhile installing, at least for the sales and advertising related rooms

S

Sammy

Originally posted by fonzerelli_79
there is a hack available that prevents bumping and lists threads the order they were created

i think it would be worthwhile installing, at least for the sales and advertising related rooms

Yes we looked at it about a month ago, but it wasn't possible to run it just in the sales forum. It was site wide and we decided to not keep it installed.

A bump a day to say "hey this is not sold yet, if anyone wants it" is fine and I believe the mods agree.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nhlrat
but it wasn't possible to run it just in the sales forum

Sure it is... Send me the coding of the hack and I will take a look at it.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameGuy

The perfect hack would only allow bumps once every 24 hours, this way, all replies within 24 hours wouldn't bump the post, but if you wanted to bump it the next day you could. This way continuing sales wouldn't be lost, and abuse would be taken care of.

Anyone know of a hack like this?

Thanks

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If one creates separate thread on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and then bumps all 4 on Friday, that's when it gets annoying.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The way I see it, over a 2 day span, you could do either of the following.

1. Create a thread on "Monday", then create another thread on "Tuesday".

or

2. Create a thread on "Monday", then bump it on "Tuesday".

RMF

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best solution in my mind is to be able to sort the threads by START date (not just by last post date). This would allow people JUST looking for new threads (especially in the Domains For Sale forum) to see just new sites.

I have to bump my threads once a day just to get people to see them, as they are quickly hidden by all of the other threads where people are just conversing. Effectively, sorting threads by last post is only appropriate in conversation threads -- not sales threads.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

We really need to do something about the bump buddys in the sales forum.

Send me the link to the hack and I will tell you how to modify it to the sales forum only. I can't find it on vb.org.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameGuy We really need to do something about the bump buddys in the sales forum. Send me the link to the hack and I will tell you how to modify it to the sales forum only. I can't find it on vb.org.

Agree, all those bumps are annoying. Once I read a name is on sale why in the world do I want to read it over and over and over and over. I have seem some members here bump their post many times.

The least they could do would be to add some additional helpful information on it rather than simply bump bump bump.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames
I have seem some members here bump their post many times.

And bump their buddy's posts.

All I see anymore is 3 or 4 sellers names over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.................... and over.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bump. hehe.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, is there any way that the sales forum can be sorted differently, to facilitate a more logical flow? See my previous post (above).

Bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom