Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Business slow? Same? Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameplanet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how every one's business has been so far this year. It seems like December was a really active month, and now things have slowed down some. I have had a few good sales, but my volume in sales has slowed down since December. I started getting higher quality names in December though as well, so I wasn't sure if December is also a good month for name sales or if it was the better names I had to sell. Some of my other friends in the insurance and finance industry are saying things have slowed down as well. I can understand how things would slow down in a lot of industries, but I was wondering about the domain industry and how it usually works. I have only been in this for under half a year, so don't know if there are seasons for name sales yet. I would be curious as to how everyone else has been doing in volume. I dont mind selling some names for less to keep volume up, but I am going to wait this out for some of the better quality names I have. Thanks for the feedback in advance.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
January has been great for me, especially considering I was away on vacation for a week.

Hope this keeps up the rest of the year!

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have only been buying this month and I actually know of a couple others who have been on buying sprees however my $xxxx in purchases this month obviously doesn't have much effect on the industry as a whole.

I did receive a few offers too but no more or less than usual. Unfortunately I have not closed any of these sales...yet.

Sales at my ecommerce sites was brisk in December what with the holidays and all and actually 1 of my ecommerce sites is really slow this month which I expected and another is really busy for January which was unexpected.

My Goog ad rev. is down a lot from Oct, Nov, Dec. and the 1st haf of January. Much lower than I anticipated. The clicks is up so people arent paying as much for ads. now that the holidays are well passed.

A newer site which generates "leads" is doing a lot better than I had anticipated for this month.

That's it!

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well since my business is site development I measure my success in new clients and I broke the 50 active clients mark this month so I'm quite pleased... I will have to hire out quite a bit more work than usual and I'm busy as heck with 4 new sites in the the beginning stages and all kinds of maintenance renewal contracts... but I'll take this kind of pressure any day in comparison to struggling for business...

Vivvy

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
January has been wonderful for me too. Far better than December, I've noticed. :eek:k:

-Joe

nameplanet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sales picked up tonight again. Hopefully they will stay at this pace.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me, both Dec. and Jan. have been excellent!

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
December and January very good for me too.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For some reason an older arena is doing very well lately with minimal work! :)

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
32 sales ranging from $10-$125 last January
18 sales ranging from $4-$75 this month so far.

Turned down two low $xxx offers this month and portfolio is triple what it was this time last year. I would say sales are down from last year with my numbers.

nameplanet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Things are picking back up now it seems. I think it was just the start of January that slowed things down. Although it seems like the trend hasnt been the same for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom