Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buy It Now link on website for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bought

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For example, using a PayPal payment button or link on a website you have
for sale, encouraging the viewer to make a purchase right then and there?

Anyone ever tried this or is it being done and I just haven't noticed it?

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
risky... what if the buyer is a scammer? takes the website and domain and then just does a charge back... I prefer to be more personable with the buyer or close a deal via escrow... PayPal is too unreliable.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say it depends on what you are selling. If its for domain names then I would not recommend using paypal. If its something that can be shipped to them then paypal is fine as long as their address is confirmed. Every purchase that you ship out should only be sent to the verified address on their paypal account so you are protected by the Seller Protection. Also I would recommend always putting the shipping information in for hte transaction as soon as you send.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say it depends on what you are selling. If its for domain names then I would not recommend using paypal. If its something that can be shipped to them then paypal is fine as long as their address is confirmed. Every purchase that you ship out should only be sent to the verified address on their paypal account so you are protected by the Seller Protection. Also I would recommend always putting the shipping information in for hte transaction as soon as you send.

I am pretty sure he was referring to selling a website / domain name via PayPal button... imho, big no-no ~ I see too many people doing this and I am not sure if they just don't sell any domains and the one's they do if they ever had problems with this [I can only guess tons of problems].

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As stated if selling digital goods I would not recommend using paypal. Its to easy anymore for someone you don't know to royally screw you.

bought

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It was just something that came to me and I
thought I should bounce it off some folks more knowledgeable than me.
:yo:

Warren2

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually think this is a very good idea, especially for lower priced domains. <o:p></o:p>
I am not sure I understand why this would be so much different from selling your domain name on EBay where almost all buyers pay with PayPal anyway?

Doesn't PayPal also have a feature where you can choose to "reject" or "not accept" a payment? It has happened to me once or twice over the years that I have received an email from PayPal stating something along the lines of "The other party has rejected your payment and refunded you". You could use this and demand another form of payment if there are any question marks over the buyer.

With a “Buy this domain now” button you would allow for people to do "impulse shopping" of a domain name that they like, (which I think is the OP's main reason for trying this?). To make this a little safer you could have an auto-responder set-up to send an email immediately after the purchase asking the buyer to send some further information to confirm and verify the purchase.

I think the lack of a clearly stated price and the lack of information on the purchase process are two large reasons why more domains aren't sold immediately when a potential buyers land on the parking page that just offers a "make an offer" link.<o:p></o:p>

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow.com offers this option using it's eCart https://ecart.escrow.com/ . You can make specific buy it now links with price and the domain.

Afternic offers banner type button for website for sale.

I personally put a for sale link on every domain I own that is for sale but always use a 3rd party service like Sedo, Afternic, Escrow to handle the domain transaction for security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom