Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

BuyDomains - anyone bought from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainMiner.com
Has anyone made a counteroffer and had them accept or counter back with something reasonable? And was it below 50% of the original price or around what? I think domainers said they got no reply, the price was raised, or the reply wasn't too nice.

They like to "buy domains" for the same reasons that we like to buy: It's a marketable commodity. And they like to sell for the same reasons that we like to sell: To make money! They are very reasonable. But they do know the market values. So 50% off is a foolish presumption--let alone insulting!--and they will likely not respond. Or they might with a higher number!

Domain summit 2024

DomainMiner.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't guess you were directing that comment to me specifically. But in any case...

A bunch of people just mentioned that BuyDomains will slash the price in half (or at least give a huge discount) after a week.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Didn't mean for it to come off as an affront to you personally. Now realize that it could have been taken that way!

A bunch of people just mentioned that BuyDomains will slash the price in half (or at least give a huge discount) after a week.

If they do--and I'm not doubting you!--then this is a relatively new development of which I was caught completely unawares! And then it begs the question: "Is this a 'panic' sale?"

toho

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did not like them when I was join drop game.
I bought 1 domain before.

But their customer support was very nice.
Nothing can be said although I want to complain to them.
But it looks their price is very expensive than before.

elequa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by toho
I did not like them when I was join drop game.
I bought 1 domain before.

But their customer support was very nice.
Nothing can be said although I want to complain to them.
But it looks their price is very expensive than before.

Well prices are expensive cuz i am outbidding them like crazy on auctions and when they win a name heh its already expensive enough :)

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by elequa
...i am outbidding them like crazy on auctions...:)

You recently got a couple of nice ones by outbidding me! But I don't mind. It's nice to know I'm going after some decent keepers for my "future"! LOL

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Interesing responses here. I have inquired about three names at three different times, and I have NEVER received a response.

Guess they do not like me.

-Bob

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I asked for a quote on a name, and got a reply 3 days later that was astronomical. 30 days later I got an email offering the name at 1/2 of astronomical.

6 months ago I was interested in buying a name from them and went to their site. I was BLASTED with pop-ups, pop-unders, and even 2 delayed pop-unders (looked at the source code, I knew where these f-'ers were coming from). Great way to welcome a customer.

It got worse. Clicked the 'request a quote' button, and was told i would have to enter an a no obligation amount I expected to pay, along with details about how I would use the name (what difference does THAT make??). The next screen got insulting. I was told I was entering a contract, and would be expected to PAY the amount previosly entered if they told me to. WAIT! I was REQUESTING A FRIGGEN QUOTE!

All of that was 6 months ago... after all of that, STILL no quote or other reply. What a bunch of a-holes.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, their "YOU BOUGHT IT" if the quoted price is $688. or less is pretty bizarre! Think they are trying to keep brokers like us at bay. I also believe that's why most of what they have listed is not priced. They don't want to become a free source of pricing information for the competition! (And when you request a quote with your email address, they might even do a little "research"!? It would certainly require due diligence!)

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob
Interesing responses here. I have inquired about three names at three different times, and I have NEVER received a response.

Guess they do not like me.

-Bob
Bob, everybody likes you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators