Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

BuyDomains.com makes me an offer of $50 US for my .com and asks $4000 for the .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
business
you buy cheap and sell high as you can

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the difference between reseller and end-user pricing.

They start high for a negotiation cushion.

Look for an end-user to buy your domain. Sell to buydomains only names you don't plan to hang on to (ie wait or actively look for an end-user.)

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cheap i agree - but this method they use is not cheap - its CHEAAP

Maybe you have had luck with selling domains to them you dont want to hang on to. As far as my luck goes, from the 200 domains they always seem to only offer pennies for domains that would fetch $$$-$$$$ from resellers!

I just find it disturbing to see a company make such lame attempts to purchase the .com for dirt cheap and have the .net listed for $4000

FYI: The worst of the worst low ballers on forums make better offers then this company!

Nope. I have no "luck" selling to them. What I meant was that if you plan to drop your domains, might as well sell and get something rather than nothing.

I wonder if anyone had tried to negotiate a higher price and succeed?

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This company is good at lowballing people to the point of satire, and they are also very inconsistent and random. They have bought domains from me for seemingly random prices. I have sold them a large portfolio of low quality domains some time ago, now they reject domains of much higher quality, or send in even lower offers than they used to.

Also they have started snapping up domain drops en masse, becoming a direct competitor to me.

Last edited:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If .net is about 5% of .com than they are selling 4000/50*20 = 1600 times (160,000%) higher than they buy. Indeed ridiculous, this whole company is a joke.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also they have started snapping up domain drops en masse, becoming a direct competitor to me.

You got it! They are competition to every domainer. And they've been such for a very long time.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simply offer the to refund the registration fee for the .net ;-)

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've sold to them in the past - they haggle whether you are buying or selling. I've sold names to them for $xxx when they didn't get a bid on forums etc.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have actually done some business with them here at dnf on some names and was pleased with their offers. It is true they add plenty but again they look to sale to a different market.

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sure they give a lowball offer. it's just that considering they are also resellers on a different scale, should raise the price for buying ,taking into fact the outrageous prices they sell at .

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've bought names from BuyDomains, and made huge AdSense profits. Would never sell them names, they're domainers.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is this funny or not, they have the .net of my domain listed for $4000 and they have the nerves to offer me $50 for my .com!

I will not disclose any name, this is just to show you how funny this company is! :eek:

isn't this what mostly everyone else does in this biz

bd is no different than any other domainer, they wanna buy low and sell high too....

also, all .com's are not automatically worth more than the .net

i have a few .net domains that make $$$ monthly, and the .com versions made $0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom