Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

BuyDomains.com makes me an offer of $50 US for my .com and asks $4000 for the .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont agree with you on this, if buydomains would be buying at wholesale - they would be offering $$$ - $$$$ for some of our names that would sell for that price in the wholesale market. They go beyond wholesale and offer you pennies!

Maybe I should have said wholesale or less and sell at retail or more.

BTW, just wondering since domain values are highly subjective anyway how do you know the xxx or xxxx price you mention is really an accurate wholesale value?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know this cause Im an experienced Domainer - what a silly question to ask!

You are a better man than me and congrats to you as being one of the rare domainers who knows for sure what true wholesale values are for various domains. Obviouslly, I am not talking about commonly known values such as 3 char and 3 letter, etc. Maybe you should start a domain appraisal business what with your knowledge about values :rolleyes:

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this called biz, they just try you

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's because BuyDomains and other big players want to buy at wholesale but sell at retail level to end-users.

That maybe true, but when it comes to buying domains at auction (wholesale) their willing to pay MUCH more at auction compared to what they offer to resellers.... That's really what this thread is about.

Many years ago, I won a backorder for a particular domain, I also added it to Namewinner, this was when Namewinner was actively grabbing domains, Anyway, the interface allowed the bidder to increase bids long after the auction ended, I did this to see who had the highest proxy bid, and found out that Buydomains placed a $2000 bid on the domain, so I felt I got a great deal at $60.

Last year, I submitted the same domain to Buydomains along with a list of others, and the offer came back for; (get this)

$75 :eek:

No kidding.

Last edited:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't like low ballers either but this business strategy makes sense. Why offer someone $XXX when they are willing to take $50? You don't know who is on the other end of the whois, so you don't go around saying "Well...I want to offer you $1,000 but will you take $50?" Better strategy for you, if you see them listing the .net at $4,000 is to counteroffer using that information to your advantage.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sell for $50.

Then offer them $25.

Then you will still have money.

Smart business strategies for the age of domaining.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO I think their retail prices are too low. It lowers the prices overall for domain sales. But thats their model, and they have sales every day.

To address what the OP was was talking about, it comes down simply to this: BuyDomains has the impression that they have a very successful business model; and they are right. Nothing else needs to be said.

Kevin

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domainers getting a taste of their own medicine.

Soofi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have made loads from buydomains last year dealing with Ted, who use to buy dirt cheap (around 30 per name) from the domain name lists posted by ppl here on the forums. I used to send him these lists, he used to cherry pick and send me list with his offer, we use to negotiate a little a finalize at certain amount and then I use to go back to the original seller and purchase same names for lesser price to keep my margin!!

Did this for one complete year, and use to rackup about $1500-$2000 a month commissions, buying names from the seller after receiving offer from buydomains. Atlast he found out lol :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom