Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buydomains fire sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
James said:
Run A whois on the domains .I ordered 2 by phone got 1 confirmation..ran a whois on the other and saw there was a typo in my email address..called tech support and got it fixed..and yes I changed the password

jim

Thanks for the help!

The whois still shows domaindiscover...I am starting to get a little more concerned, but the name is no longer on afternic, which I think is a good sign. I am going to call them on Monday...I just hope they have not decided to keep the name...it is a dictionary term that they had in this "vice area"...As far as I know this name has nothing to do with a vice though.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Onward they told me 48 business hours do not count sat and sun that's what sales rep told me on the phone

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bought one using a credit card on Saturday morning and got the transfer / login info in 6 hours; my past purchase experiences with BD have been similar with relatively fast turnaround.

My question is why are folks using the phone? ... BD / Afternic is geared towards on-line ordering.

Ron

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domagon said:
My question is why are folks using the phone? ... BD / Afternic is geared towards on-line ordering.

Ron
Now you can buy direct by the link provided .Originally the only way to get the special pricing was to call buydomains as the pricing structure for the sale was set by default to the regular "request price" quote or retail price..no "$50 buy now" was available other than by a representitive.

jim

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maroulis said:
Next email was a maternity leave notice LMAO from one of the ladies who works there...

That's funny LOL

I bought, not confirmed, one on saturday and one on sunday.
Still, no more email from them.

At least, salesrap lady named Sonia was courteous:greenrazz:
Said that I should know which domains I got from the list this evening.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your email. I am currently out of the office on Maternity Leave. If you are contacting me regarding the login for your domain please send all requests to [email protected].
Otherwise please contact your sales rep or call our office at 781-839-2850

Thanks,

Sandy Frounfelker
[email protected]

and bear in mind, this was in response to my PayPal request, so I ordered from website chose to checkout w/PayPal, payment went through, got my receipt and then minutes later this email LOL whois still hasn't updated

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In addition to a name I bought from them on Thursday (over the phone) I bought a couple over the weekend on their site and payment went through...I have still not heard anything from them on any of the names. After purchasing the names on their site, the name still seemed available a couple hours later on their site... This morning the names I bought were no longer available on their site...but again, I still have heard nothing from them

I am starting to think I am not going to get the names...as any number of people may have also sent in payment when the name appeared to still be available.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maroulis said:
and bear in mind, this was in response to my PayPal request, so I ordered from website chose to checkout w/PayPal, payment went through, got my receipt and then minutes later this email LOL whois still hasn't updated

Ok everything is good, received name & password info.. whois records reflect changes :)

I did use the online ordering so if anyone else has problems by placing phone orders I'd try online ordering..

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone know whats going on with them today? (7/31)

Just got a "last chance domain sale" email saying;

"As you may be interested in similar domains, we wanted to make you aware that through today--7/31-- only, we are offering special incentives for customers on selected (similar) domains related to your purchase."

I just called a broker up, asking them what new incentives there were for today and they said nothing was different.

So I'm wondering if I just took a sharp blow to the head and am missing something here.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got the same E-mail... 20 minutes before midnight 31 Jul. Too late.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for a domain I ordered on the phone last Thursday.

I did however receive control of the names I ordered on-line.

The one I ordered last Thursday is a dictionary term with 3 million+ "term quoted" Google search results. I am thinking they had second thought and am just awaiting the bad news.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sdsinc said:
Got the same E-mail... 20 minutes before midnight 31 Jul. Too late.

Apparently the BD firesale is "over" now. They've even deactivated the names to make it look official (none of the ones left had traffic anyway).

I wonder what they will actually do with the 4000 leftover names.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Onward said:
I am still waiting for a domain I ordered on the phone last Thursday.

I did however receive control of the names I ordered on-line.

The one I ordered last Thursday is a dictionary term with 3 million+ "term quoted" Google search results. I am thinking they had second thought and am just awaiting the bad news.

Exactly same for me :-(
I should of used online buy for each domains, but, it was too many.

But, I did get email from sales rep saying I got little less than 1/2 of names wanted to buy.
Better names, I didn't get :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom