Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buying top names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is that the more popular this site gets, the worse the average quality of the names on offer gets.

If you imagine that for the sake of argument 99% of names are essentially worthless ($0-25 range) then if you have a universe of 10,000 names to wade through, you're going to see 9,900 "worthless" names. If with time and popularity the total name-universe owned by all members increases to e.g. 1,000,000 then you're going to have to wade through 990,000 worthless domains to get to the gems.

I can't see an easy solution - but I certainly can see the problem! The same thing happened with GreatDomains, for example. At the very, very beginning they were selective and only the most in-tune sellers found them, and the average name on sale was OK. Just before they shut down, they were accepting listings for wheelbarrow-loads of junk names every day.

Perhaps there is a need for some kind of super-forum with much higher membership fees and no visibility of any kind to non-members (i.e. they can't even browse). Instead, it's like a Private Club for professional domain owners to do business in comfort in.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found that someone like ME looking for very good names with high type-in with a certain theme is hard work.
++++++++++++++++

LOL.

Yup, work is.. well, work.

There is no substitute. Look at all the self-made people: they all worked for it. There are plenty of very bright people who don't add ambition into the equation, and thereby fail. You have to have both talent AND dedication to succeed. You need both ingredients.

I get tons of lame proposals every day. But there are gems mixed in. It's just part of business/ life..

Kazam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just think that there are some "buyers" of names here looking for a long term investment and are willing to pay the top money. I understand that us/me have the time to look for a good bargain but "buyers" don't we need to find a "top self" to exibit out top names. Another problem is that people with names worh$2000+ are dead scared of making a list of good names and displaying them on a site for Hijacking purposes. ITS A SHAME!

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the idea! Might be a ton of work for the mods though.
Maybe we can simply do it here in the platinum only area and self police it and see how it goes then if it works out as a thread here then move to something larger.

silverfox

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think its a good idea. I have hesitated to post in the domain wanted for adult domain names with traffic cause I dont want to get either pm'd to death, or swamped with useless names.
I think a special area for top names would be a great idea if it can be done. I am willing to buy some good adult names now, but am much to busy to sort through the submissions and pm's that would come with it, so a special area with stats and logs would be a very good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom