Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Buying "traffic domains"? - stats/screenshots you rely on might be fabricated !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day you need to have common sense, domain sense, lack this and you already lost the battle, forget the war.

mikeyboy

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
he banned at namepros as well a while back

shf0765

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I typically refrain from these types of posts, I am very happy to know that user ydnamesti was banned from this forum.

Just prior to being banned, I accepted a lowball offer from him via DNF PM for a domain at a mutually agreeable price, which resided under $150. Due to the amount of negative feedback in such a short period of time on his account, I requested payment via MassPay. Additionally, I requested his GoDaddy information so I could initiate transfer of the domain to his account upon receipt of payment.

Also received via DNF PM, he countered with use of Escrow.com, which I agreed to upon his acceptance of paying the $25 fee for the transaction. While I was willing to accept the loss for selling the domain at a much lower than anticipated price, I felt he should incur the fee for the transaction since he was stipulating this method of payment. After he provided concurrence via DNF PM, I initiated the transaction at Escrow.com. Upon receiving notification the following day from Escrow.com that payment was received, I initiated transfer of the domain to GoDaddy using information provided to Escrow.com, which included e-mail address of [email protected] and name of Andrzej Wegrzyn.

Thereafter, I received a message from him via DNF PM, which contained the following verbiage:

“I can not let GoDaddy associate that email with this IP.”

I responded with a question of why he was now telling me he wanted to transfer the domain to Name.com rather than GoDaddy. Attempting to be fair, I stated it would be necessary to contact Escrow.com as the status was already updated to reflect transfer of the domain. The following day, February 26th, I arrive home to receive two separate e-mail messages sent:

• 2/26 @ 9:49 AM: Message entitled “Where is my domain?” with no text in the message body;
  • 2/26 @ 10:46 AM (Not even an hour later): Second message with content of “If you did not reply I will assume you stole the domain and it was you that banned me on the forum.”

Needless to say, I had enough of this individual and omitting the not so pleasant portion of my response did include the following:

“I don't know why you got banned, however, from your correspondence, it is not a surprise.”

Thereafter, I contacted Escrow.com and requested the transfer be canceled. The next day, I received yet another message from the same [email protected] e-mail account with only a subject line entitled: “Scammer”

As content within my response back to him is not appropriate for this venue, I will only say that he was told not to conact me again.

In my proximately eight seven years of buying and selling domain names, I have never encountered such an unstable individual.

I am very concerned that persons like him tarnish the domain name industry and cause legitimate domainers to be stigmatized with a bad reputation.

cwilson

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We found this thread after doing 4 years of business with the guy :)
I'm not trying to say the case above is not true, because I have no idea what happened, but I wish everyone in this business was as honest as Andrew.

shf0765

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To cwilson,

In my opinion, You should consider yourself lucky. It's a small world when it comes to domaining and I believe there is overwhelming testimony within this thread alone regarding Andrew's character. Furthermore, I believe a leopard does not change his spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom