Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.ca reseller programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah. figures :)

Probably the easiest way to meet CIRA requirements with certainty was to incorporate.

Funny how things work.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh, BTW, how did it work in terms of interfacing with CIRA? New screens at eNom?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ddent
nameslave, I haven't checked CIRA's list for a little bit, but what makes you say eNom is not a direct registrar with them? It would seem odd because I am sure they will have no difficulty getting the necessary volume. CIRA accredidation is "only" a few thousand dollars...

If you have any names with them you'll be able check who they are partnered with if it is not direct by looking in the whois.
Originally posted by Zoobar
The Cira registrar is Enom Canada

Registered a few .ca's last night.
I actually checked it before posting. CIRA's bad, they probably don't update their website to reflect the certification of eNom Canada.

It's not the volume or that few thousand dollars, it's the CANADIAN presence requirement. They need not only to incorporate in Canada but also to set up a Canadian branch with personnel. That is a seriouos decision and a complicated process. But apparently they did it.

Moreover, not only do registrar transfer requires verification at CIRA, modifications of critical information such as Administrative Contact must go through that path too.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
*nod* it was the contact info modification restrictions that I thought would be most disruptive to them.

It's been a while since I read the CIRA requirements in terms of presence, but I was under the impression that you only had to do non-trivial amounts of business in Canada. But again, its been a while since I read them.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a free ENOM reseller account with .ca registration ability, just pm me. My .ca reseller price is set at $14.95 and for .cn it is set at $25.95 (this applies to new resellers, older resellers get price rewards based on number of domains with me).

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isn't it that UNLIKE CNO, ALL eNom resellers are able to get $13.95 .ca and $24.95 .cn pricing?

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You still have to be a citizen (or business) in Canada to register .CA domains? or have they changed it?

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That link is bad. :sad:

So what can I do (if anything) to grab myself a couple .CA names - without breaking any rules?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
So what can I do (if anything) to grab myself a couple .CA names - without breaking any rules?
Move to Canada! LOL! :D

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...... not looking too hopeful after reading that.

I realize (for example) people from all over the world are buying .US names that don't meet the .US requirements - but I have no intention of doing the same - so I guess I won't bother to register any .CA names. Bummer. :sad:

Oh well... if anybody discovers a loophole that would let me grab a couple .CA names - please let me know.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The truth is that .ca requirements are way much STRICTER than those of .us.

M

mole

Originally posted by nameslave
The truth is that .ca requirements are way much STRICTER than those of .us.

Have you heard of the registry enforcing those restrictions thus far, slave?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
True, the requirements are strict but the enforcement is ... unheard of. CIRA is SLOW (at best) in responding. But that doesn't mean one should register a dot-ca domain name by breaking the rules; it only puts your ownership at risk.

M

mole

Yup, no point risking it unless its a .us, and then again, .us Nexus requirements are pretty fair and defensible.

It's really no point chasing every cctld on the face of planet earth.

At least in the foreseeable Internet future, I think .us, .cn, .co.uk, .de and .eu (the first zTLD) should be just about right for major localised internet presence for most business models. The rest can sit under the .gTLD umbrella for all I care.

There are talks of a .ap (Asia Pacific) zTLD, but that's probably down the line by at least 2 more years.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

There are talks of a .ap (Asia Pacific) zTLD, but that's probably down the line by at least 2 more years.

The .ap will beat the purpose of extension for .hk .ph(one) .cn .sg and other asia pacific extension. This will be a hoax extension, unless they will expand the restriction for global businesses and make it affordable price like .us and .de.

Just a thought.
TW

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Cira registrar is Enom Canada

Registered a few .ca's last night.
Just learned that they have actually registered enomcanada.ca (NOT enom.ca though which is currently ... yes, only currently ... owned by someone else). No active website yet, but you can see from their registration details that "eNom Canada Corp. is a Nova Scotia Unlimited Liability Corp." with a published address of "#204-151 Commercial Drive Drive Kelowna BC V1X 7W2 Canada".

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave

"eNom Canada Corp. is a Nova Scotia Unlimited Liability Corp." with a published address of "#204-151 Commercial Drive Drive Kelowna BC V1X 7W2 Canada".

...yep, that makes sence:confused: :D

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kelowna is... small town! They probably have like one employee working from tiny premises :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom