Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale .ca sales website

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of setting up a .ca sales website for a large number of names. I am wondering if this will open a can of worms. I know there are lots of .ca sales, even on this board, but is selling domain names legal according to CIRA?

I realize that selling a few names has never been looked at, but what if it was a lot?

Domain Days 2024

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess I was thinking that it is one thing to sell "a few" names that you have decided not to use, but is it another thing to sell "a lot" of .ca domains for the purpose of making money.

I don't have any names that are typos, or trying to redirect traffic from established sites, just generics.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look at eMall, they sold a few hundred domains to YP a few years ago. You can't have a rule for selling a few names, and another for selling 100 or 1000 names. It's either ok or not, and I've never seen anything to indicate it's not allowed. As long as the domains are generic, etc, no one could have a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom