Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Calculating how much DN Forum makes $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGS

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello! :-D

I have taken the time to calculate how much DN Forum has made with their paid memberships up until today - March 01, 2006:

Gold Members Revenue: $79,440
Silver Members Revenue: $110,900
Exclusive Members Revenue: $175,000

Grand total Revenue: $365,340

Wow! :charming:

Domain Days 2024

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Affiliate sales too, but the biggest is probably in terms of heads up / advance sales and knowledge from being king of all this information and in turn, the industry. If I was as into domains as I am now, and had the resources at the time DNforum was sold it would have definitely been something worth buying! Congrats on getting this to where it is today!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious...

How did you reach that number and did you factor discounts ? If not I fear you are way too high.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah the numbers look great but in reality there were a number of membership giveaways, buying with DNF at half the price, discounts at half price, etc.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered at discount cost I believe, I paid $50 for the original and then renewed for life for whatever the discount was.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think membership was monthly, or yearly at one time, instead of a one time fee. Not sure on that, but that might make the #s different. Who cares what it makes really.

A more interesting number would be the amount of money changing hands due to transactions through DNF

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At one time members were given a free invite they could give away or sell. So many users became users by buying the invites from other users, and not from DNForum.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another thing you are not factoring in is the fact that this was originally a free site with many existing members until it changed ownership the second time around.

EGS

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I am basing it on paid memberships alone in my calculation and I'm sure its below that but I wouldn't doubt it to be below $300,000.

A moderator sent me a PM saying they don't think its appropriate to post this information. I just thought it was interesting. >_>

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys care?

Would you want others speculating on how much your sites make?

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would care alot more if i owned this site ;)

T

tekz999

Yes about 1-2 years ago, member was yearly fee, platinum membership was 90 +/- a year, then there was a time that adam was in good mood, and he implemented lifetime membership for just an addition $1 or $10.. I forgot.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You forgot to add the $5 revenue collected from each verified member. Better add that too .. oh wait, and the banner advertising?

But honestly, why do you guys care what Dnforum makes or at least, is believed to make? You should worry about yourself, first. ;)

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's quite a rude exercise - like a group of people wandering round somebody's house after they were invited over, and comparing notes aloud about exactly how much the property, furniture etc. are worth while the host is listening.

Think about it!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well for the snobs above that are getting their panties ruffled just remember we are all in the business of monetizing domains and websites for the most part and it's nice to think about all that money and the fact that this site is so sucessful and thus we can be as well since we are all a part of it, everyone should note the fact that there are surely operating costs involved as well, and I am sure this site uses some serious software and bandwidth, but really whats the big deal? Why would it be taboo to think about what a site makes? get over it! IMO It makes Adam a chunk of cash...and he deserves it..nuff' said.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
It's quite a rude exercise - like a group of people wandering round somebody's house after they were invited over, and comparing notes aloud about exactly how much the property, furniture etc. are worth while the host is listening.

Think about it!

Could not express it any better.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
VG_KING said:
Grand total Revenue: $365,340

Wow! :charming:
Not even enough for Adam to renew his domains ... :wink:

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It doesn't even matter how much he has made so far. The site is worth at least a few hundred thousand dollars with no income at all. I could almost guarantee that he wouldn't take 360K for this forum. The value is worth much more than the revenue so far (just like most names are worth much more than the PPC).

Any offer short of a million wouldn't stand a chance....if it were me.

EGS

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nobody likes me.. :'(
I just posted it because I thought it was interesting. I think that DN Forum is quite a success and I love it. I'm just pointing out that this forum was a great idea and in turn a great and profitable investment in the long-run..

I <3 DN Forum.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nobody likes me..
I just posted it because I thought it was interesting. I think that DN Forum is quite a success and I love it. I'm just pointing out that this forum was a great idea and in turn a great and profitable investment in the long-run..

I <3 DN Forum.

We love you buddy!!! I don't think it's being rude. I was actually looking at the site on the Wayback Machine to see how it has progressed in look, feel, and function over the years and it's amazing to think that at one point it only had a handful of users. Now it is one of the key sources in the world for learning about domains, buying and selling, and meeting and reaping the benefits of an expert staff and forum members. So I really don't see nothing rude about looking at the success of the site from a monetary standpoint. Just remember that the numbers always tell a tale in part!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom