Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can I get my client this domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twells22

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You started with a bad Idea and I game my personal opinion of your bad thought.

I stand by my statement and I don’t like people do the same to me.
I have 600+ names and I want to be ass for people like you.

Not ready to give up my names for some ass

People like me? So because I had no idea what I was talking about and I asked a question I am now an ass?

But I get what your saying you know. A person that has a copyright on a name wants to know if he can get a domain that goes with his business and then he finds out that somebody that has no life has just registered every name that would go along with that business name just for the hopes that one day this would happen.:rolleyes2:

I have the opposite feeling then yourself. I think people like you that fit the bill above are pathetic, it takes a lot of hard work to do that huh? Just sitting there thinking up names and taking everyone so people with legitimate reasons for using the name have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to use it. I buy domains when I am looking for name for a website and that is what they were made for. Just the other day I was looking for a domain that would offer a free service to certain people in need, not a popular task at all, and what do you know every domain combination I could think of was taken and none of them were being used. No I'm not complaining that I couldn't find a domain, I'm complaining about none of them were being used.

I know people will now start bashing me for my comments so I'm done with this thread and to the ones that provided me with the answers without being an ass, Thank You.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People like me? So because I had no idea what I was talking about and I asked a question I am now an ass?

But I get what your saying you know. A person that has a copyright on a name wants to know if he can get a domain that goes with his business and then he finds out that somebody that has no life has just registered every name that would go along with that business name just for the hopes that one day this would happen.:rolleyes2:

I have the opposite feeling then yourself. I think people like you that fit the bill above are pathetic, it takes a lot of hard work to do that huh? Just sitting there thinking up names and taking everyone so people with legitimate reasons for using the name have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to use it. I buy domains when I am looking for name for a website and that is what they were made for. Just the other day I was looking for a domain that would offer a free service to certain people in need, not a popular task at all, and what do you know every domain combination I could think of was taken and none of them were being used. No I'm not complaining that I couldn't find a domain, I'm complaining about none of them were being used.

I know people will now start bashing me for my comments so I'm done with this thread and to the ones that provided me with the answers without being an ass, Thank You.
Maybe you should of consulted a lawyer instead a board full of pathetic people. I'm sorry if i came off as unfriendly but i don't take kindly to people who think they can just take away domains from those who regged it fair and square. Its called capitalism, get used to it. Suppy and demand. Chances are your client would only have to pay a max of 5k (give or take) and for a domain he would own for the entire life of business that seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

You're welcome. And good luck to you and your client in trying to enforce
what you both believe.

Of course, don't expect to go unchallenged. Nobody likes an "ass", after all,
depending on what side of the fence one is on.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, there is a possibility to go after a domian if you can prove bad faith usage. Meaning the domain owner changed their site to directly compete against your friend. Of course, you need to have some strong evidence showing that he went after your friends company after you freinds establish TM.. Now if it a PPC or portal site and always has been, then they can show they dd not change anything and have used it the same for many years. So even if ads compete against him, too bad. I am not giving you hope and it is a very long shot. You also have to keep in mind that reverse hi-jacking, if done in courts, can also have a negative monetary impact. (make your friend pay legal fees, punitive damages, and other fun stuff).

But nothing is free, to go after a domian, you need $$$. To defend a domain, you need $$$ to buy a domain, you need $$$. I would opt for the latter and pony up if he really wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom