Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

can .mobi landers detect which is mobile or pc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 70843

Public Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello

is there any way that the lander can change to a normal pc temaplate
when a user types the domain name on a pc browser but also changes to
the mobi template when they use there mobile.

maybe sedo could use a detect screen size script which changes the template
for pc screen sizes to a pc temaplate and the same for the mobile phones to mobi template.

Thanks

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello

is there any way that the lander can change to a normal pc temaplate
when a user types the domain name on a pc browser but also changes to
the mobi template when they use there mobile.

maybe sedo could use a detect screen size script which changes the template
for pc screen sizes to a pc temaplate and the same for the mobile phones to mobi template.

Thanks

Yes, that exists. To detect the screen size of each mobile phone, RUBY is used. I recommend hitting the book of "Ruby on Rails" if you wanna kick some butt in the development!

Deleted member 70843

Public Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice site mj

i hope sedo will do this soon im getting traffic from the pc and 1 or two clicks
which if it had a pc template as well as a mobile template i think would get a few more clicks.

S

SedoCoUk

Hey guys,

The Sedo .mobi landers are unable at this time to differentiate between a click from a cell phone and a click from a PC.

Sara

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The Sedo .mobi landers are unable at this time to differentiate between a click from a cell phone and a click from a PC.

Sara

Really!?
What about my other question...
Could you set up a ui where owners can choose which countries the parked pages should satisfy?
So if i have Tokyo.mobi, i want to be able to set up my .mobi page in Japanese. If I have Texan.mobi, i want to be able to set up my.mobi page in English. I know that this is possible cause we do the same here at my company. But your team seems quite busy to set something up like that at this time. Its ok. im sure you dont want to bother with such small things. As for now, in Japan, my parked .mobi pages have Japanese links in Japanese, but as for "for sale by owner" is in English. Half of my names are for Japanese, like mixi.mobi, uta.mobi, ima.mobi, etc, I want the Japanese audience know that I speak Japanese and can do business with them. Not only Japanese but for other languages, too. By being on this forum, I have met many people from countries besides UK and USA. Let's expand and make more money by selling in the worldwide market! :horn:

Any information would be helpful.

Deleted member 70843

Public Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Sara

is there anyway sedo can make the templates to change:

when some one uses the pc so it shows a pc template.

when some one uses a mobile so it shows the mobile template.

The mobi template looks odd from a pc when it shows a mobi domain but looks great when using a mobile.

hedgefund

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Sara

Can you please direct your tech guys to dev.mobi, where they can find how to detect the traffic is from a PC or a phone?

It is VERY IMPORTANT for SEDO to do this, because it would increase PPC dramatically.

Thanks

HF

mrojas2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Sara

Can you please direct your tech guys to dev.mobi, where they can find how to detect the traffic is from a PC or a phone?

It is VERY IMPORTANT for SEDO to do this, because it would increase PPC dramatically.

Thanks

HF

Very useful site. Thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom