Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can someone explain what a reseller is and does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_W

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am new here and I see posts that resellers would buy for so much, but an end user would pay more...

can anyone shed light what exactly a resellers functions are? and where to learn more about being a reseller?

I think this is the route I want to go if I want to get domains and move them, am I correct?

Thanks in advance

ROB

kodeking

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A reseller is someone who sells domains from thier own website or other method. So a reseller is a middleman between the registrar and the end user. Resellers are able to register domains at a lower price, therefore a profit is made with each registration you provide.

I hope this helps.

Rob_W

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
KodeKing -Thanks for the reply!

OK, I didn't know they can register for lower price.

Is there any other threads with Reseller Account Info on DNForums?

anyone else?

ROB

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rob,

I think reseller is used in two different ways.

A reseller can be someone who sells ordinary registrations for a fixed price, e.g. $14.95 per registration, making a, say, $6 profit on each registration (and renewal) they sell.

In the after market, a reseller is someone who buys an unregistered, or already registered domain to sell on to someone else (immediately, or later on), or to develop the domain, or to use the traffic.

A reseller in the second sense doesn't need to set up a "reseller" account in the first sense in order to business. Obviously though, the cheaper domains can be acquired, the less difficult (easier) it is to make profit.

Some people do both 1 and 2 together.

I think the cheapest normal rate for domain names is around US$9 (e.g. godaddy.com). Some registrars have accounts at around US$7 a name, but you normally have to pay several thousand dollars up front to get this price, unless you can buy such an account second hand from someone else (cost around $150 to $500).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom