Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Can you belive this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once again we are back to the same religious bickering as usual..first the cartoon caricatures..now the pope...what next.??...the same talk that began with our forefathers...of who's religion is better than the other....Although I consider myself a liberal christian, I think in order to coexist in this fast-globalizing era the media should be aware of its role and not contort and spread wrong messages. This might qualify under preaching but all public figures including but not limited to pope should weigh what they say without inciting masses!
just my 2 cents

I definitely agree with this thinking, although I question why we as Christians let just about anything in the media roll off our back, and yet the slightest mention of the Musllim religion, in a negative light, incities riots and murderous slander from their group?

Something isn't right here. We as Christians get made fun of in the media all the time and just look the other way, heck I know i'm use to it. These guys seem to just be looking for an excuse to kill and then pin it all back on their faith.

No faith condones those actions and is still a faith. That's using some false idol to rationalize war mongering, if you break it down far enough I think.

I'm just stating the facts, up till now. I wish none of this ever happened but, it did.

Jay

Domain Days 2024

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why do people say "muslim" everytime when in fact it should say "muslim extremist" or "muslim criminal" or alike ?

Why does the crime have to be connected to the criminals religion anyway ?

And only whenever it comes to people of muslim religion ?

That's like everytime someone kills someone in the US calling him "a christian murderer" when all it should be is "a murderer" or alike.

How would you feel if in the news it would be "a christian rapist.." as if it was the most normal thing in the world to mention the christian religion everytime a crime happens ?

So why doing it with the muslims then - that's a subtle kind of racism btw as well.

Much like the term "muslim terrorist" - how often to your hear the term "christian terrorist" ?

Admitted, many of the crimes committed by persons of muslim religion were indeed committed in a religious context but not *every* crime committed by a muslim is connected to the religion.

What if in the eastern world people would connect crimes committed by western people to always their religion ?

They could cry "christians act like dogs" all day long just the same.

Because, people start to equal respective religion=crime.

Just like people here and elsewhere say "the muslims" as there was such a thing as "the christians".

For the record, i'm neither muslim nor very christian - but what i can't stand are these non-educated, simplified generalisations people seem to love so much.

Yeah i know it's easier to judge if the world would only be black and white.

But it isn't.

Hey beatz, Just adding a point to your post. I hear the muslim (muslim extremist) prasie when they blow themselves up. Its "Praise Allah!!!!" and then boom!!! You don't really hear a christian scream out just before they kill themselves " Praise the Lord!!!"

Most(all) volient acts from the muslim (extremists) are in the name of Allah.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I grow weary of being understanding and respectful. More and more it is seeming that will one day prove to be a deadly mistake. Yes, christians had their time of violence and barbarism. That was about 400 years ago and done with swords and arrows. Might it be time for the world to wake up to the fact that we face a very real and serious danger? What will it take, shooting the pope instead of a nun?

Even if you are silly enough to believe the 9/11 conspiracies, how does one account for London, Madrid and the several hundred other attacks bys Muslim extremists? The good people of that faith need to demand their religion back before others are forced to take extreme action.

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The good people of that faith need to demand their religion back before others are forced to take extreme action.

Well said. Unfortunately with this religion how are we to believe there are any "peaceful" muslims when you can look online and see millions of muslims beating themselves into a frenzy with whips on their march from Mecca. Peaceful people do not beat themselves to a bloody pulp.

Oh and peaceful religions don’t kill themselves, (see Shia vs. Sunni)

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
By the way this is how they feel, this is from a so called peacful Muslim.

"Those who stay in America should be open to society without melting, keeping Mosques open so anyone can come and learn about Islam. If you choose to live here, you have a responsibility to deliver the message of Islam ... Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth." - Omar Ahmad Co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, christians had their time of violence and barbarism. That was about 400 years ago and done with swords and arrows.

Errm - ever thought about that what the CIA and the likes are doing in and to the world *nowadays* might in the view of the eastern world be considered to be violence and barbarism committed by christians ?!

Let alone military invasions etc..

You must be kidding - *nothing* is 400 years ago, it's happening NOW.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Pope says that Muslims are violent, Muslims get angry and kill a Catholic nun proving that they're violent, and then the Pope is forced to apologise.

kinda sums it up for me

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The pope made a mistake, should have apologized quickly. But Al Qaeda Iraq shouldn't have said they will conquer the world. There are people in this world other than Christians and Muslims or Jews, and they can be 10 times as cruel and violent if need to be.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The pope made a mistake, should have apologized quickly

Exactly what mistake did the Pope make?

Apparently there is now a call for the assasination of the Pope. That should teach him not to call Muslims violent!

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is another shining example of why we always are made out to be the bad guys.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/innocent-man-sent-to-syria-and-tortured/20060918232609990016?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Notice the line that says:

The commission found the Royal Canadian Mounted Police shared information about Arar with American anti-terrorist agencies both before and after he was detained.

The RCMP asked the U.S. to put Arar on a watch list as an "Islamic extremist individual" suspected of links to the al-Qaida terrorist movement, the report said.

So to sum it up, a Syrian meets with a muslim extremist in Canada, travels to a Arab state, returns via the US, is detained based off of info given to the US by Canada, he is sent to his home nation Syria and then beaten by his own people, Now its the US's fault and we should have to compensate him. Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom