Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can't Cancel Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's fine if you are only dealing with people within the trade, but places like Sedo are open to the public - and 99.9% of non domainers don't have a clue as to current values. Use the minimum offer option - unless you want it to show how many offers you've had previously...

How can anyone feel insulted by lowball offers, it's not like they're saying your kids are ugly.
Good points about the public Jason, but the insult imo is not just about the lowball offers. I swear it's a cultural thing. In some cultures it seems that haggling is expected and built in. Sales prices are inflated to start and offers are artificially low. They bullchit each other going back and forth a bazillion times, neither party being offended. Some cultures on the other hand don't play the game or bullchit. They don't inflate the price they expect to sell at. They may say $5k and feel that is fair, and the buyer comes in with $100. The seller says $5k again and the buyer then offers $150. Heck, even if the buyer was willing to say drop 10% ($500) from the price he thought was fair in the first place, he may now still feel the buyer thinks he's playing the game and bullchiting. This puts the seller off. This can actually bug some sellers so much that they just cancel out and the buyers don't have a clue as to why. Sometimes it bugs me so much that on the second bullchit offer level, I start to go UP from my original sales price. The name will also never be offered again at anything less.

dnalias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of "tester" offers, made by other domainers, but there are also those who just don't know the values of domains, these would be considered the end-users.

So by deleting those offers, you stand to loose that part of the market.

imo... :)

I completely agree with this.

I have converted low ball $100 offers into mid XXXX sales multiple times.

The tester is a tester and will not respond, but if you write a nice little explanation justifying your counter offer for the potential end-user who is not a domainer it can help.

I always like to send a link to a recent comparable sale from dnjournal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom