Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Caterpillar Inc. v. Cat-Tracks.com Decision

bhartzer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting case recently decided by the Arbitration Forum. While the domain name could be considered "generic" (Cat Tracks as a keyword, could be considered generic, as in a 'feline' who is making tracks in the mud, snow, or dirt.) But it looks like they decided this based on the usage, what was on the website:

Caterpillar Inc. v. Justin Being / CAT-Tracks Equipment Solution Inc

PARTIES​

Complainant is Caterpillar Inc. (“Complainant”), represented by Stephanie H. Bald of Kelly IP, LLP, District of Columbia, USA. Respondent is Justin Being / CAT-Tracks Equipment Solution Inc (“Respondent”), Illinois, USA.

REGISTRAR AND DISPUTED DOMAIN NAME

The domain name at issue is <cat-tracks.com> (“Domain Name”), registered with Tucows Domains Inc.

Domain summit 2024

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Respondent didn't respond to UDRP and seemed clueless about what was happening:

B. Respondent

Respondent failed to submit a Response in this proceeding however sent three e-mails to the Forum on July 10, July 13, and August 4, 2021 respectively. The relevant portions of the e-mails are set out verbatim below.

July 10, 2021
What is this?

July 13, 2021
Did they want to buy it? Make us an offer

August 4, 2021
Most the info is incorrect on the correspondence.

I also asked if the want to buy the domain name? They have til this Friday August 6th to make a decision. Otherwise there nothing to talk about

I am really not sure what everyone is seeing. We own the name and the domain name currently. I have receipts for everything.

--

Even the colors are the same at Caterpillar

1630691905784.png

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators