Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Cease And Desist

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
looks like a rather generic name to me, if you don't infringe on their content I think you will be in the right on this one.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think maybe once they heard your intentions they realized it will be an uphill battle for them.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aerrial said:
i asked them why they never went after the previous owner, but they never responded to that question. go figure.

Maybe they did but no dice. So they probably think they'll have better luck
with you. :-D

Same as you and Searchsix thought: make sure how you'll use it is unrelated
to what they're doing.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
They have applied for the registration of a federal & international trademarks, as seen at http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=79004949

However, their class description does not seem to cover adult content in the electronic format, in particular:

Paper, namely, notebook paper and cardboard; printed matter, namely, magazines, pamphlets and leaflets, all on the subject of adult entertainment, posters, stickers and calendars.

You can most likely go ahead and challenge a UDRP if you use non-adult content. The ORG/BIZ and US are all used by others.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it is unlikely you would lose this domain in UDRP. The domain terms are generic in nature and it would take considerable time and promotion for them to establish their "products/services" as distinctive ... and by extension be able to defend some claim of exclusivity to the wordmark "freeones". My guess is they'd have a long road ahead trying to establish rights in this name.

"Free ones" can be about many things which are free to consumers. They have no brand - LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom