Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

challenging a rule in this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry, I had to make the title a bit bold to get the attention that this question deserves.

A bit more humbly stated, my question is:

Why is there a rule in this forum just to appraise domains that are actually registered already?

Especially for a newbie like me it would be great to be able to post my "best" guesses for names without first having to pay $5-$15 to register them, only to find out afterwards that my "guessometer" :) is still way off and I bought nothing but crap-names.

I know that posting unregistered names has a few aspects well worth considering. For one, once you post a real winner, anybody can run off to regg it, so it would be a pure honor system and at the full risk of the poster, but as newbies rarely come up with anything worth registering, this would not matter at all, but save newbies lots of dollars wasted on "stupidity-tax".

Also flooding the forum with zillions of names would be a problem, but could easily be dealt with. 3-5 names per post, no more than 5 posts a day,... something like that.

But other than that I don't see a lot of trouble. Maybe a seperate section for unregistered names would be good?

Suggestion:
Maybe just a few of the experienced guru's around here taking short lists in PM and giving advice?

The life of a newbie-domain-guy is hard enough :) , why not save them reg-fees on names that are worse than a pimple?

Ok. That was my question.

I humbly await all flaming that should come after me for questioning the status-quo. :)

And ...

a warm thank you for taking the time to appraise my names (even with a painful 0.00 :) ), it really helps me a lot.

Thanks to everybody and now get the flame-burners ready... :)

Reinhard

Upvote 0

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If it's a good name and gets reg'd then you would have been better off not posting it as you have now lost it. If the name is no good, then it's not worth reg'ing. Either way you don't get or don't want the name, so don't post it. You could put it in the deleted domains thread and perhaps earn a few DN$s.

Domain Summit 2024

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's why I suggested private consultations with experts in private message boards PM.

This could be done on an ongoing basis where the newbie posts a neutral request and experts contact him in PM's.

If an expert wants to take the newbie under his wings then he just posts a short answer publicly so that other experts know that the newbie is already being helped and expert-resources are not stretched out limitless.

And by having experts initiate the PM-sessions, the experts don't get flooded with requests and can go at the pace that suits them best.

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And a word to the moderators of this great forum:

If word would spread that dnforum offered such expert advice for free and could save any of the million and millions of inexperienced domain-reggers some good advice to save them dollars,

what do you think would happen to the traffic on this forum???

Skyrocket is only a mild word for that!

To the experts it doesn't matter whether they take the time to comment publicly or in private message boards, but to the newbies it would be a GREAT place to go for advice.

And thank you for doing such great work and keeping this forum up! It's a great place you created and I absolutely love it!

Reinhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom